MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Rekieta Law

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 am
CIANigger wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:51 am
broadcasting their playbook to the world.
Law isn't a game of fucking poker. Talking about their legal strategy was probably one of the least retarded things they did
Well I suppose the Muslims haven't been duplicitous in their conquering of Britain, so maybe you're right.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 am
Law isn't a game of fucking poker. Talking about their legal strategy was probably one of the least retarded things they did
I'm not a lawyer, so I don't really know. But I have noticed that every time a case becomes a media circus like this, justice fails. I remember during the OJ trial, all the different lawyers and even the judge going on TV talk shows as the case was still being tried.
お前はもう死んでいる。

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:39 am
Friendly reminder that Nick the Racketeer strongly implied that Marzgurl would be sued in "the second round", after they sued the "money players" who'd "surrender compromising materials" as part of the inevitable settlement.
Fucking this. It was HEAVILY implied that after they slam dunk the first round they would quickly go into a second and that's what the stretch goals were for. Fucking now they are just draining wage cucks money for some appeal that could take a really long time. Of course Ty wants to appeal, he's got a literal endless supply of money that he can continue to drain.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:46 pm
Fucking now they are just draining wage cucks money for some appeal that could take a really long time. Of course Ty wants to appeal, he's got a literal endless supply of money that he can continue to drain.
Appeal's not going to take a long time. The filing deadline is something like 24th October, if Vic wants to do it, and from there it's three months until a verdict.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 am

"If Vic wants to do it" is probably a big if. I don't know why the fuck he doesn't fire Ty and get a new legal team. It's not like a new team would do a worse job. That's IF he wants to appeal. Nick and Ty are like that black knight bitch from Monty Python, waddling around with no legs and screaming "HALFTIME! ROUND TWO! APPEALS!"
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:55 am

It's just a flesh wound!
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:18 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 am
"If Vic wants to do it" is probably a big if.
I don't see why he wouldn't. He's come this far. His career might well be finished either way, at least this way there's a shot at him taking enough money to make it all right.
rabidtictac wrote:
I don't know why the fuck he doesn't fire Ty and get a new legal team. It's not like a new team would do a worse job.
Better to go with the devil you know. Competent counsel seems to be difficult to find in Texas seeing as everyone involved in this case has been a complete retard
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:06 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:18 am
rabidtictac wrote:
I don't know why the fuck he doesn't fire Ty and get a new legal team. It's not like a new team would do a worse job.
Better to go with the devil you know. Competent counsel seems to be difficult to find in Texas seeing as everyone involved in this case has been a complete retard
The devil he knows has completely fucked him over. :lol: He's out tons of money and has gotten nothing he wanted. What more could he possibly lose? Your own argument for why he should appeal is the same argument I'd use for why he should get a new legal team. Worst case scenario is he loses on appeal, which he will probably do anyway, with Prick Scammera and Ty Bored.

TBH even with competent counsel, he'd probably lose on appeal anyway.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/201 ... udy-finds/

It sounds like good news, but it's really not when you read it. It's higher than the criminal court reversal rate of 9% or whatever, but 25% is still low. The appeals court favors defendants. The article is old, but that's what a cursory jewgle search gave me.
As a result, Rutter said, lawyers who represent plaintiffs were more strategic about picking their appellate battles, filing 39 percent fewer appeals than in the period before lawsuit reform.

By focusing on their best cases, they should have experienced greater success if everything else was equal, Rutter said.

But that didn’t happen.

“Even though they are being a lot more selective and they are appealing only their strongest cases, they still don’t have a very good track record on appeal,” Rutter said.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

Your article is talking about jury verdicts. This didn't go to jury, the judge threw out the case.

As for getting new counsel, yeah it could be a strategy but the problem here is that there really aren't many cases like this. We talk about competent lawyers but even a competent lawyer might have difficulty getting his head around this case because social media is a relatively recent phenomenon. If Vic were defamed in the press by some piece of shit journalist he'd have a better idea of who to go to. Chances are the judge would have had a better idea of how to handle the case, news media's been around for hundreds of years and there's a well defined case law and case history there. But anime cons? Twitter defamation? It's all new shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm

So, I’m confused.

Did Dick Lasagna win his court case yet or not?