Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 pm

I loved the Siskel and Ebert show. The closest replacement I've found is Half in the Bag. Almost everyone else is bought off, even the other YouTube reviewers.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Ebert was one of the few reviewers who liked Cradle of Life. Gene was such an uptight fag about it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 pm
I loved the Siskel and Ebert show. The closest replacement I've found is Half in the Bag. Almost everyone else is bought off, even the other YouTube reviewers.
Yeah let's just ignore that HitB hasn't been good for a while now and that their Mahvel fag parody reeks of deflection.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 pm

I agree with Liar; HitB is still good. However, BotW is their best non-Plinkett content.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 pm
However, BotW is their best non-Plinkett kahntent.
It's easily better than their latest Plinkett garbage. Hackfraud Media made the better Plinkett reviews.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 pm

The Force Awakens review was disappointing (I like that Mike ripped apart ring theory autists, but he was way too forgiving towards TFA), but The Last Jedi review was pretty good. The Ghostbusters (2016) review was also solid. Plinkett is at his best when Mike really hates a film; with TFA it was obvious he was doing the review out of obligation, not because he wanted to.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 pm

The problem is they're terrified of being too un-PC and pissing off the SJWs.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 pm
The problem is they're terrified of being too un-PC and pissing off the SJWs.
This right here. Too afraid to piss off people. Gotta protect that cushy living with those paymetons gibs.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 pm

They definitely play it safe when they come to politics, but they were surprisingly outspoken about the lies surrounding Ghostbusters (2016). They made an entire video pointing out that the "ONLY MISOGYNISTS HATE THIS MOVIE" narrative was a load of bullshit that was being pushed by Sony Pictures. Also, they continue to mock the shit out of The Last Jedi even though the mainstream media insists that only alt-right trolls hate it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 pm
They definitely play it safe when they come to politics, but they were surprisingly outspoken about the lies surrounding Ghostbusters (2016). They made an entire video pointing out that the "ONLY MISOGYNISTS HATE THIS MOVIE" narrative was a load of bullshit that was being pushed by Sony Pictures. Also, they continue to mock the shit out of The Last Jedi even though the mainstream media insists that only alt-right trolls hate it.
That's "surprising" to you? That they call out the most transparent marketing gimmick anyone has ever pulled as reviewers not on the payroll? Next you'll call Yids brave for talking about the Holohoax. E;R is a no-bullshit reviewer. RLM these days barely qualifies for "not as pozzed as actual shills".
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!