What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:35 am

That reminded me how I haven't even touched my cross bike (irl) for like 5 years since injury. It's oiled up good though. Maybe it's time to revive.

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 pm
SMT2 is certainly on my to-do list. Just not sure whether I'll tackle that one before or after a run of SMT3 (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series), since I haven't touched that one in ages.

And I think I just created some fake news earlier and got the names of those two Devil Survivor games confused. I've started Overcucked, not Soy Cucker.
Actually I never finished Noctourne either. I didn't like how I had to look up skills and stuff for the main character (even though I do that all the time in WRPG, weird), instead of just grab the best gears from shop then blast everything. Probably I had a bit wrong expectation. I'll go back to Noctourne for sure though.

SMT2 is different from later games balance-wise because nakamas tend to suck (they don't even gain levels unless modded) and the main character is uber strong instead. IIRC, you just have to pump STR (and a few INT), create/find nakamas with support/heal magics and look up online how to fusion/craft special swords, that's all you need to know. Game is actually pretty easy and simple if you focus on building the main character.

There are bunch of hidden special events/items/etc (Majins, Jewels) but there is no problem even if you ignore them all. (also you can create high level dark monsters by fusing demons and human zealots but I don't remember if they were that useful)

Shit, I remember a lot even though it's been a looong time. I should stop talking about SMT before too late.

as a side note
i'Ll jUsT leAVe IT For SOMe laUGhs :| s.

Devil Summoner opening
SpoilerShow
not really a Devil Summoner : Soy Cucker opening
SpoilerShow
mad bum wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:33 pm
Legends say the system before that had a game called Do key Do key Picnic that got rebranded in the states.
Su-pa fami-com wasn't successful, but its official mascot character Su-pa Nintendo-girl became su-pa popular she is the best virtual idol on YT now. They did at least something right.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:26 am

So Madden 20 is apparently shit. A 15 year old budget game is still king.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:48 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:26 am
So Madden 20 is apparently shit.
What a fucking surprise.

And Baseball Stars 2 is still the best baseball game, so why are you surprised there hasn't been a good football game in ages?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:06 am

Sensible Soccer on the Amiga is the best sports game ever made. Fite me irl fgts!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 am

I still love me some dusty diamond softball.

Though nothing beats robots beating the shit out of each other.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:13 am

Yeah, no. I wanna blow up juicy meaty human beans, not some boring A12s.
Robots suck. Not really domo arigato Mr.Rototo.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:16 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:13 am
Robots suck.
What if you were a robot blowing up meaty humans?
/m/ad bum makes a decent post for once in his life and you have to go and shit on it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:13 am
Robots suck. Not really domo arigato Mr.Rototo.
The Half-Life robot censorship was especially infuriating since they also distorted their voices to the point that you couldn't really understand them.

And I'm pretty sure that C&C Generals was the last game that got such an extensive censorship over here.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:55 am

I'm getting near the end of the main story for Devil Survivor 2 Record Cucker. The bosses in this series are complete bullshit, lol. Shit like, "dude gets 3 attacks per turn and 2 turns guaranteed in every combat engagement, and has 9 range to initiate combat." For reference, an average character gets 1 attack per turn with no extra turn guaranteed and has a range of 1 to initiate combat, LEL.

The game is still pretty fun though. I clearly need to grind better demons. That's always the solution in these games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:19 pm

You want bullshit bosses, you should check out Super Robot Wars. Enough ammo and EN regeneration that they will never run out of anything (unless you spam EN draining weapons, but even that's something you'll have to do every turn), ridiculous hit and doge chances, damage-reducing force fields or an ability that lets them dodge anything at a fixed percentage, and more HP than your entire team combined. Also their HP regenerates as well, so you often have to deal at least an entire Super Robot's worth of HP every turn if you ever want him to run out of health.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette