Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 am
He didn't even ask questions about the book. He asked him stuff like "Do you believe in god?"

After a while, King basically admitted he believed in god and Kubrick went "I disagree"
>baiting people in order to mock them for their reply

So what you're saying is that Kubrick was the Original Spoony :lol: ?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:40 am

Original version of Eyes Wide Shut is still in the render cue.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Whereas Stephen King's complaints about The Shining are, for the most part, deeply autistic and deeply rooted in his shitlib beliefs. He complained the movie was racist because they killed the black guy and he complained the movie was misogynist because Shelley Duvall basically just screamed a lot.
The Shining is misogynistic but there's nothing misogynistic about having the lone trait only female character in It be about who she's fucking.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 am
He didn't even ask questions about the book. He asked him stuff like "Do you believe in god?"

After a while, King basically admitted he believed in god and Kubrick went "I disagree"
3:45 am at King's house
*telephone ringing*
"Ah for fuck's sake. Hello?"
"Hello Stephen."
"Stanley, do you have any fucking idea how late it is here?"
"It's 'Mr. Kubrick'."
".....what do you want?"
"How do you drink your coffee? Black or with milk?"
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:52 pm

"... with milk?"
"*sigh* I figured as much..."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:09 am
Cuckara wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 am
Could be. Anyway, here are some reviews that accuse it of being politically irresponsible:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/joker ... 202170236/ (this one mentions incels)
"Joker" is the boldest and most exciting superhero movie since "The Dark Knight." It's also incendiary, confused, and potentially toxic.
You really read reviews from critics like this? I find these reviews and opinions as credible as opinions of a golden retriever.
Comic book industry cum dumpster Heather Antos repeats the idiotic statement that the Aurora shooter with dyed red hair was "dressed up as the Joker". A lot of the replies point out her hypocrisy including an earlier tweet where she said she wanted to be the Joker.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:09 am
Cuckara wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 am
Could be. Anyway, here are some reviews that accuse it of being politically irresponsible:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/joker ... 202170236/ (this one mentions incels)
"Joker" is the boldest and most exciting superhero movie since "The Dark Knight." It's also incendiary, confused, and potentially toxic.
You really read reviews from critics like this? I find these reviews and opinions as credible as opinions of a golden retriever.
Quite a rant from this Rachel whoever. Welp, don't watch the movie then, duh. What a buckshot biatch. Their endless hate towards white men is so cute.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:29 pm

I would personally worry more about socially isolated disgruntled non-white men who get convinced to shoot up places by a different sort of fiction.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Those are two people that don't understand stories and narrative.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Disney bought Fox's movie division, immediately cancelled the Die Hard prequel McClane.

But don't worry... they are REBOOTING DIE HARD!

Black McClane and a PG-13 incoming!