Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
rabidtictac

Re: Youtube

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Reminder that youtubers are not good guys or regular working joes. They're massively greedy cunts, most of whom either make six figures or made millions before making six figures now, and bitch about the fact their income dropped rather than appreciating how lucky they've been.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Why should they appreciate that which they see as their divine right?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheBilthCollector

Post by TheBilthCollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 pm
divine right
Calling it now, within the next 10 years Kahntent creators will demand that ad revenue is a right in the same way some people say housing or medical care is a right.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:54 pm

More like youtube will instead make you a I9 contractor and give you an controlled rate per view where you have to answer you managers periodically for "quality control".
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

TheBilthCollector

Post by TheBilthCollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:54 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of a Government funded UBI. Somehow the INs would manage to dip into the public coffers.

I can see it now. A tug at your heart strings News documentary about the downtrodden content creators. Interviews with gray haired INs of the past in their tiny, filthy, roach motel apartment.

"Listen! I spent the last 30 years of my life creating quality content for the internet and I've got nothing to show for it! faggots like me are the backbone of the American economy. My quality content has contributed more to GDP and Tax revenue that any stupid plumber or electrician ever will. They get paid for their work, why don't I? It's not fair!"

So remember viewers, be sure to call your congressman today and tell him to vote "Yes" on the 2028 Internet Nobody economic revitalization act.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am

I think a more likely scenario is that YouTube scraps monetisation entirely and the content creators who can't get media jobs will either go on welfare or else find themselves continually explaining to prospective employers why they have these huge, ten year gaps in their work history. Or both.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:59 am

TheBilthCollector wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 pm
divine right
Calling it now, within the next 10 years Kahntent creators will demand that ad revenue is a right in the same way some people say housing or medical care is a right.
Already happening. Heard the dumb shit about the Youtuber Union? Absolute clown show.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am
I think a more likely scenario is that YouTube scraps monetisation entirely and the kahntent creators who can't get media jobs will either go on welfare or else find themselves continually explaining to prospective employers why they have these huge, ten year gaps in their work history. Or both.
That's what I'm thinking. Turn it completely off and they can all go fuck themselves. T-Series and music videos make YT more money than all those IN fuckwits combined. Let's go back to the good old times when people made videos because they wanted to show something interesting and not because it's lucrative to do so.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:38 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am
I think a more likely scenario is that YouTube scraps monetisation entirely and the kahntent creators who can't get media jobs will either go on welfare or else find themselves continually explaining to prospective employers why they have these huge, ten year gaps in their work history. Or both.
Probably this. That or they make getting monetization about as difficult a process as being greenlit for a syndicated television show. I think it's much more likely for youtube to heavily restrict monetization privileges in future than to scrap it. They make a lot of money off shitty youtubers who upload a lot and get tons of views, so they want to incentivize those people to keep churning out the shit content. But they don't need the 100,000,000 hanger-on channels that want to be the Next Big Thing but will never make it.

So really, the ideal fix is to stop paying everyone except the top end of youtubers. I'm talking about the youtubers that fit the venn diagram of "uploads a lot" and "videos consistently get high views." That's the shit youtube wants to see a lot more of. The rest is a dead weight on the network and they would probably prefer to remove monetization from those other channels and run ads on them anyway. Use the ad revenue generated by unmonetized channels to help subsidize the cost of hosting those shit videos nobody watches.

I know this is at least plausible because youtube already does this with any video that gets claimed for content ID. They can run ads and they take the money without giving the youtuber any of it. They get their cut and the original IP owner/claimant takes a cut. All they need to do is apply this principle to all videos/channels that aren't making them big money. Bonus points because, if they keep the big channels monetized and raking in big money, those big channels will continue to be good little cucks and not complain, since youtubers are greedy as fuck and have no morality. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Your idea is so plausible I'm surprised they haven't done it already.
What are they waiting for? More pressure to break up big tech?
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:57 pm

T-Series and music videos make YT more money than all those IN fuckwits combined. Let's go back to the good old times when people made videos because they wanted to show something interesting and not because it's lucrative to do so.
This.
For one, I've never even heard of T-Series until the whole Pewdiepie vs. T-Series thing that I was out of the loop for because I didn't care started. I was surprised that not only was it around for 30+ years, but also made it's own YouTube channel pretty much at the start of YouTube.
And two, for even for some of the Youtubers who do seem like they are having fun with and care about the content they create have Paymetons.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.