Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 am

BobbyBoucher wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:28 am
They should also be going after rare arcade/pinball machines.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 am

pink gorilla paid $13,000 for NWC cart
"Cody was nice enough to say 'this is worth money'," says pat.
sold again within 24 hours of purchasing it.
Ian thinks Pink Gorilla got $20k for it.
I watched this and it's super fucking scummy. Not even 24 hours and they made 7k with I assume cash/check from someone local, probably metaljesuscucks.
snes/nes online switch
Apparently, people complain about NES games being on the Switch's pay service. They don't like NES games or something.
(Pat had better dump his games as quickly as possible.)
NES collecting is crashing for a lot of the games. The rarer games still hold value but yeah, it's not a joke when Pat is dumping his shit.
Like Kugel said, I could care less about the arcade machines but you can't emulate pinball, and I'd like to own a few tables eventually without paying 10k. I still want my theatre of magic.
Pat turned down $100k for NWC gold cart.
100k cash is already overpriced for that fucking game. But I guess if you own a million dollar home then you wipe your ass with 100k.
Mentions Mark Bussler (Classic Game Room) quitting
Oh don't worry, he will come back after a few months and attempt some other get rich quick scheme like always.
didn't try hard enough. Should have tried Twitch streaming/podcasting.
He did try twitch, problem is no one wants to watch Rad Gravity on the NES for 9 hours.
by end of year, pat may have patreon poll to decide on next book
So he's going to keep doing these until he runs out of systems eh? Fucking figures the scumbag, his only other work he does is just to promote these stupid books because gaymers will buy anything.
video game heist at Trade-N-Games
There was a safe and alarm, but no camera inside on the safe or outside on the building?
One or several people moved a 500 pound safe and got away within the 5 minutes it took the police to respond.
Owner conveniently showed off his collection on YouTube to prove to insurance company he owned it.
Sounds like an inside job.
It defiantly sounds like an insurance scam, I guess the store was not in the best of neighborhoods as well and wants to collect the insurance and run away.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 am
Like Kugel said, I could care less about the arcade machines but you can't emulate pinball, and I'd like to own a few tables eventually without paying 10k. I still want my theatre of magic.
Well then buckle the fuck up, my friend. That generation of Bally pins already cost top dollar. I don't want motherfuckers on YT that have an audience with money to spend to talk about pinball. No joke, Classic Game Room drove up the price on the Gotlieb TX Sector by a cool $1k easy. I'm not exaggerating.

Yes, yes, it's got cool music but is a fairly lame game as most of those 90s Gottliebs are.

Thankfully he claimed it was the best music pin out there, instead of the actual best ones like Williams Black Knight 2000 and the Alvin G. & Co Mystery Castle.

HAHAHAHA! Feeling good! Feeling good!

Five million! Five million! Five million! Five million!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 am

I had a chance to get some older pinball tables from like the 60s for only hundreds of dollars but I didn't have the room nor a way to transport them. I still regret that dumbass decision today.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:41 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 am
I had a chance to get some older pinball tables from like the 60s for only hundreds of dollars but I didn't have the room nor a way to transport them. I still regret that dumbass decision today.
Eh, don't beat yourself up about it. Those didn't really rise in price and likely never will. With that age range just keep three things in mind:
1. Gottlieb made the best mechanical pins. When solid state came around they didn't adapt well and mostly produced shit.
2. Don't let some fucker tell you any of those old ones were "limited" or shit like that. Producing a table in the low hundreds was normal back then. So while my solid state Williams is considered a low production model with under a thousand units, even well successful Gottlieb's of the 60s were often produced at 200 to maximum 500 units.
3. Mechanical pins are a bitch to fix and any pin will break at some point. There aren't many people around these days that can fix them so even a $200 bargain can quickly turn into a $500 repair object.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 am

That Gottlieb is pure meh.

Personal favorite pinball machines are High Speed (pure classic) and Lethal Weapon 3 (because the launcher was a fucking gun, that you could also fire in game).
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 pm

The only pinball games I've played was the Space one I used to play as a kid on Windows 98, the Friday the 13th one, the Simpsons one, the Avengers one, Sonic Spinball, etc. I really would like to play some older pinball machines, but the area I'm at doesn't really have many pinball machines.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:02 am

I vaguely remember the Phantom Menace pinball machine. The digital cutscenes were kind of cool back then but otherwise meh.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:46 am

My dad has a old Gottlieb pinball machine (allthough the high score counter doesn't work but he is sure he can fix it), Don't remember the name right now but it's from the 60's and got a wild west theme, anywhere i can check out what it's worth?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:51 am

You could take it to Pawn Stars.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.