Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movieblob

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:22 pm
Why should be intervene for Hong Kong?
Because Hong Kong is an economic power house. The entire "state" pays for itself just from tax earning of horse race bets alone and it's one of the, for specific items the absolute, strongest market for luxury goods. Where do you think all those luxury cars and watches are bought that go to China? Hong Kong. It's the capitalist outlet for wealthy Chinese people to spend their money on non-Chinese goods. It not being like the rest of China makes the western economy billions every year.
It's always about money in the end.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:05 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:19 am
This whole situation just proves paper treaties don't mean shit if you don't have muscle. When some flag-waver says that the soldiers are the reason you are able to be free, he's actually right. It's all well and good to talk about how shit is supposed to be in some ideal world (which, ironically, is how Movieblob acts whenever he sperges about his ideal future,) but everything in this world, every agreement is backed by force. Even a single man's ownership of a single piece of property is backed up by force of law. It's the threat that cops will come and shoot your ass that keeps his property safe.

From the day the very first cities were created until now, that has always been the contract. Threat of violence imposes rules. Nothing else. No threat? No rules.
A hundred years ago, Teddy Rosevelt was saying "Speak softly and carry a big stick". Somehow these factors seem to not realize what the big stick is for.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm

The problem here is not that we don't have a big stick. We've got big sticks. Problem is that they've also got big sticks, and if we all start swinging them then everybody's going to end up beaten to a bloody pulp
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm
The problem here is not that we don't have a big stick. We've got big sticks. Problem is that they've also got big sticks, and if we all start swinging them then everybody's going to end up beaten to a bloody pulp
That's nukes. Even then if I hit you first you can't hit back.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:40 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:35 pm
That's nukes.
I know that's nukes. Jesus fuck
CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:35 pm
Even then if I hit you first you can't hit back.
Except no, MAD doesn't work that way. They've thought about that for as long as nuclear weapons have been around and the US in the very least have contingencies in place if a hostile nation should strike first and attempt to take out their retaliatory capabilities. If the US have contingencies, then all the other nuclear powers probably do too.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm

And here I thought the conflict in question was the government vs it's own population, not country to county MAD.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm
And here I thought the conflict in question was the government vs it's own population, not country to county MAD.
The government vs. PART of its population. And that part of the population doesn't have a fuckhuge military and nukes, unfortunately for them. They also live in a heavily urbanized area, not a sandnigger desert or ricenigger jungle where they can hide and fight a guerrilla war against superior forces. They can't do much more than be a nuisance and possibly provide shekels if another country steps in on their behalf.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
The conflict itself but the debate was about what foreign intervention could actually solve. The British made the Chinese agree that they would leave Hong Kong alone for fifty years, but the only way the British, or anyone, could enforce that contract ultimately would be to go to war. Since none involved actually want to do that and since China have shown such reckless disregard for their people in the past, any Western nation would ultimately have to back down.
Kugelfisch wrote:

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:15 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
The conflict itself but the debate was about what foreign intervention could actually solve. The British made the Chinese agree that they would leave Hong Kong alone for fifty years, but the only way the British, or anyone, could enforce that contract ultimately would be to go to war. Since none involved actually want to do that and since China have shown such reckless disregard for their people in the past, any Western nation would ultimately have to back down.
Ah I see. I actually never knew Hong Kong was separate from China itself. I'm a hick Burgerfag. They don't teach us this shit.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 am

I wasn't really aware of the actual deal between HK and mainland China either. I did wonder how HK seemed to be able to get away with more shit than China. Never looked into it I guess. I'm dumb.