What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:18 pm

More MonHun!
I can't build the Seltas set yet because the Seltas Queen is in the next set of quests and I've just gotten a batch of key quests towards unlocking them.
I've got to hunt a Plesioth, a Nargacuga and a Lavasioth. My highest attack power GL had 160 normal type, no element. Upgrading my Lagombi GL to turn it into the Plesi one seemed like the way to go to I've grinded Plesioth a bit.

Three hunts later I made the Plesi GL, sporting 160 attack, long type and water element. Perfect for hunting the Lavasioth!
So I did that and absolutely kicked the shit out of it. It was super easy to maintain Valour for almost the entire hunt as it's easy to hit with the Valour attacks to charge the bar.

The Anti Air technique is also great as it charges super fast and is a good way to Wyvernfire when it's not on cooldown. I can't stress enough how practical it is. You want to WF whenever you can, of course, but you also want your heat gauge to be very high as a WF will lower the heat and then lock it in place.
With the AA I don't need to get the heat up so high. Right when you're at the border of red you can trigger it and the AA shot itself will drive the heat up to almost max so the following WF fires at the perfect heat level. Plus, you can WF that way without having to be in Valour mode.
It also charges so fast that you'll be able to use it when WF is on cooldown and have it ready again when the cooldown is over.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:42 pm

I finally retook playing Dark Soul 1 on the PS3 and by God, the framerate drops are annoying. Game still feels filthy easy on an Int build, and the only challenge that mildly annoyed me was trying to cut Seath's tail (since he takes less damage from magic and all my heavy damage resources were magic based; thankfully I had a +8 Fire Claymore to do the job).

All and all, DS2 seemed more challenging, if anything because I was very bad at judging the roll invincibility frames on the PC because I was used playing DS3. I decided to complete them in order this time to avoid this problem.

ban

Post by ban » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Bad member, get a downboat for stating the obvious. Now report to Vaati and his cronies.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Haven't played my SNES mini since Christmas after I got stuck on that weird scorpion boss you can't damage.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:46 pm

DS3 is a pile of shit, which explains why you couldn't dodge after learning to dodge on DS3. DS3 rolls have ridiculous invincibility, which just encourages roll spamming. More so than any previous souls game except maybe demon's souls.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:58 am

Yeah, I was getting wrecked by the first area's enemies because I was completely off the timing (it didn't help the fact that I started as a Deprived and was going for an Int build, as I always do with these games). Sad consequence of DS3 going on sale with 75% before DS2 remastered edition got the same price cut on Steam.

I do prefer DS3 MP system over the fixed number of castings of DS1 & DS2. It's basically the only thing nice I can say about DS3, alongside the waifulicious Fire Keeper.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 pm

I got done with farming the Seltas Queen yesterday night. Finally got the awesome set done! Defence is pretty good, Artillery Expert helps pumping the damage output, Sharpness is massively noticeable! I've got a Nerscylla GL that has a bit of white and blue sharpness and those last forever with the skill, even when I shell a lot.
The elemental defences are pretty bad, though. -3 Fire, -2 Thunder, -2 Ice but a +4 Water and +5 Dragon. So I better don't get hit by angry Rath fire balls. :lol:

Hero Shield is a neat ability. Sadly, it doesn't negate the really annoying shit like random Bullfangos running you over. But stuff like small bites and such are completely ignored. It seems to be not just type of attack but also damage-threshold-based.
I need Hornetaur inner wings to upgrade my Seltas GL. Best drop chance is 15% HR carve. There's a maximum of six of them on any map, you have to poison them to even get a carve. Fuck that noise!
There is a 5-Star Hub quest that gives them as a reward, though. So I'll go grind up to that one, which should go quickly, since that's all still Low Rank stuff and I'm way too strong for those monsters.

Long story short, hunted a 1 Star Low Rank Yian Kut-Ku and it did this rapid pecking attack. Hero Shield completely absorbed it. I found that pretty funny. Sure, it's as low rank as it gets and I'm in level 5 HR armour but to have a proper attack by a large monster do absolutely nothing caught me by surprise. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Haven't played my SNES mini since Christmas after I got stuck on that weird scorpion boss you can't damage.
Fuck you talkin' bout, nigga?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Fuck you talkin' bout, nigga?
I was confused as well.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:17 am

Assuming he's referring to A Link to the Past.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.