Beers and Meads

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Beers and Meads

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:16 am
Pretty grand of you to call Europeans commies as a fucking leaf, bro.
Takes one to know one, comrade.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:12 pm
Meads are near impossible to find in Cucknadian liquor stores. I know a girl who wants to try meads. OK, I'll by her a nice bottle of wine/beer - whatever is classy and under a hundred bucks - and I come to find after searching three locations, only one had canned mead braggot or an option of ordering in a case of Wikinger Mead for $145. She's not sucking my cock so she got a few cans of braggot. She'll have to have one of her commie friends from Europe send her a bottle because we Cucknadians don't seem to like it.
You might have to check out specialty beer shops. I don't know if such a thing exists in Leaflandia. The only place I know of to reliably buy mead is this one shop that sells nothing but beer, and mostly imported beer from Europe. I've never seen Dansk Mjod at a normal shop, though I highly recommend it in all its forms if you can find some.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Not much of a beer guy but a whiskey guy. My favorites are Drambuie and Jim Bean.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:23 am

Drambuie? Might as well join April with her honey wine.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:35 am

I need an update to this thread. The booze places are still "essential" here, and I've gone through the usual watered grocery store swill.

Any good new recommends?
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:01 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:35 am
I need an update to this thread. The booze places are still "essential" here, and I've gone through the usual watered grocery store swill.

Any good new recommends?
Always difficult because I've got no idea what you guys can get over there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:07 am

Depends what you have access to. I always recommend people try Cruzan Black Strap or dark/navy rums in general if they never have. Don't let that piece of shit Spoony ruin rum for you. If you like flavored liquors at all, there are some fun silver rums mixed in various flavors that are worth a try too. Kind of a bitch drink but hey, it's still some 15-20% abv and goes down easy.

Evan Williams is an amazingly good bottomshelf (price) Whiskey. The quality is far beyond the cost. I always recommend that one.

For beers, I would suggest taking a look at whatever Sierra Nevada have in that is NOT IPA. Unless you like IPAs, but I hate them. Their other beers are pretty alright and you can get Sierra Nevada in many states IIRC. Their hefe, porter and stout are all good. It would be easier if you just told me what beers are available in your area that are NOT macro-adjunct garbage (swiller light, butt weiser, pabst blue vomit etc) but also aren't those kitschy "micro" brews. Most microbrews are mediocre at best and way overpriced. I say that as someone who lives in a place with a lot of microbrewery access. I wasted a lot of money (comparatively) tasting different microbrews until I realized the good beer is from Germany, Poland, Russia and sometimes Asia.

If you want a good "reliable" beer that is always available at the shops, Sapporo, Tsingtao (watch out for chinkflu,) and Red Hook ESB are solid bets. Not amazing, but usually in every beer aisle. Never had Asahi but I assume it's fine too.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm

German beer is easy to figure out. Does it have a label that looks like some hipster designed it? 99% chance it's garbage. Has the brewery been around for over 100 years? 99% chance it's pretty alright.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:53 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:07 am
Evan Williams is an amazingly good bottomshelf (price) Whiskey. The quality is far beyond the cost. I always recommend that one.
For whisky you want anything from South Islay, depending on your taste. Maybe North Islay if you can't handle peat.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm
German beer is easy to figure out. Does it have a label that looks like some hipster designed it? 99% chance it's garbage. Has the brewery been around for over 100 years? 99% chance it's pretty alright.
True for most imported beers here tbh. And I don't mean Guinness or Heinecken when I say "imported."

The best beers usually have a picture of wheat or some shit on them.
RAPEMAN wrote: