Blackface

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Blackface

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:47 am

I would say the 80s were better than the 70s for animation because at least the toy people would pay enough money for the studios to send their shit to Japan, where good exchange rates meant they could get decent animation for relatively low prices. It's just the content that was total shit.

Whereas the 70s are defined pretty much by limited, Hanna Barbera style animating.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:04 am

Well remember we all live in different countries, so while we were getting transformers you guys might of been getting briter mcbritishperson, Canada had weird cartoons also.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 am

We still had Transformers and stuff. Not that I ever watched it because I was born in the 90s. I grew up on Animaniacs, and then Dragon Ball Z
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 am

Every cartoon Spielberg touched was gold, swear that guy should of stuck with cartoons.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 am
Every cartoon Spielberg touched was gold, swear that guy should of stuck with cartoons.
He did direct a Tintin movie 6 years ago.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm

JL Unlimited wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm
mad bum wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 am
He did direct a Tintin movie 6 years ago.
I keep hearing rumors about him making a Tintin film for 2018.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Did it do well enough? I know stateside nobody went because nobody knew what Tintin was.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Asterix & Obelix was the shit here. I'd call all the older movies absolute classics that I'd rewatch happily even today.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Oh man, this is giving me a nostalgia boner.

I've watched all of the A&O cartoons up to the one where they go to America, except for the very first I think (which was drawn in an older style used in like the first comic book I think?). Great stuff with some pretty gud jokes (one of the tasks of The Twelve Tasks of Asterix is "Try to deal with bureaucracy without going insane") and a pretty high animation budget starting around Asterix in Britain.

It was such a shit here in Germany that we have alternate universe translations of the comics in pretty much every German dialect there is.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 pm
Did it do well enough? I know stateside nobody went because nobody knew what Tintin was.
I'm not familiar with it myself, but I've heard it has a certain pulp flair like Good Indiana Jones.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:01 pm
Oh man, this is giving me a nostalgia boner.

I've watched all of the A&O cartoons up to the one where they go to America, except for the very first I think (which was drawn in an older style used in like the first comic book I think?). Great stuff with some pretty gud jokes (one of the tasks of The Twelve Tasks of Asterix is "Try to deal with bureaucracy without going insane") and a pretty high animation budget starting around Asterix in Britain.

It was such a shit here in Germany that we have alternate universe translations of the comics in pretty much every German dialect there is.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 pm
I'm not familiar with it myself, but I've heard it has a certain pulp flair like Good Indiana Jones.
It did a little over double it's budget and i liked it, i should note they made quite a few changes but i thought they worked well enough with what they did
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes