Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:56 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm
I can pretty much guarantee you that the vast majority of Krauts has never heard of Lupin
Yeah but you're the same nigger that has never seen Sailor Moon when it was on Kraut telly on one of the big five channels for years at prime after school times. Because so was Lupin. It's easily more well-known than Berserk or shit like Sword Art Online.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm

More well-known than Berserk? Debatable. More well known than Sword Cuck Soyline? Dude, have you been to a con? You can't throw a Pokeball without hitting an Asuna cosplayer.
And gimme a break, man. Lupin didn't air hear until 2001. That was way past my formative weeb years.

(And I didn't see Sailor Moon because I was busy jacking off to Cat's Eye.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm
And gimme a break, man. Lupin didn't air hear until 2001. That was way past my formative weeb years.
How old are you?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 pm

I'm a child of the late 80's. Also I spent like my entire puberty not actually liking animu, if you can believe that. This only came back to haunt me when I started to pursue higher forms of education. Better than becoming a leftist soyboy, I guess.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 pm

They tried airing Lupin III on Adult Swim. I think it bombed. They also aired the original versions of Astro Boy and the Gigantor dub of Tetsujin 28 for reasons I've never seen exlpained.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:51 am

Adult Swim sounds right, I think it was suuuuuuuuper late at night.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:50 am

I don't know how hard they pushed it but Geneon at least went to the effort of localizing one of the PS2 games and even produced American editions of some of the soundtrack CDs. ANN's own cum eating hapa JUSTin Sevakis has had better luck over at Discotek shitting out all the older Lupin movies with all their shitty dubs from Manga Entertainment and Streamline.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:46 am

Huh, I don't think you can even get the German dub of the Lupin animu on DVD. Seems the only thing available are the movies, and all but the Miyazaki one are either out of stock or pretty expensive (because of limited stock).

Meanwhile, a real Kraut cult animu like Saber Rider has
  • a complete DVD collection with remastered video quality
  • including the "lost episodes" that were cut from the original Western release, complete with a proper Saber Rider dub featuring the original voicce actors
  • and if that's still not enough for you, just a few years prior they made an audio drama sequel (again featuring the original voice actors)
  • or just watch everything on Amazon Prime, if you're into that sort of thing
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm
Dude, have you been to a con? You can't throw a Pokeball without hitting an Asuna cosplayer.
I'm not talking about degenerate weebs, I'm talking about people in general. They know Sailor Moon, Dragan Ballz, Pokermans and that's just about it. The odd one out may know that Heidi is actually an animu.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 pm
Also I spent like my entire puberty not actually liking animu, if you can believe that.
I can. We all know you're a fake weeb.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah, hehe, right... fake...

Oh, and don't forget Vicky the Viking and Maya the Honey Bee, two other famed classics from Glorious Nippon.
-Yours Truly