Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
BenComicGraphics

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:26 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm
He bought a webcomic listing service called WebcomicZ for thousands of dollars, then tried to sell it to me for $5k. I refused.
He actually bitched about how much money he wasted on it and how it was a money suck. Then his next sentence was trying to make me buy it

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 am
JL Unlimited wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:49 am
Never forget that XKCD is a sore-ass shitlib.
So wait, you're telling me that the creator of a comic beloved by Plebbitors and pseudo-intellectuals is really just a massive shitlib?
I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. Shocked.
You know your stick figure comic strip is shitty when you have to gets fans to make a separate wiki explaining what the hell you're talking about.
BenComicGraphics wrote:
>Fesworks sperg
Completely unexpected that Lewis attracts the type of person who is delusional and oblivious to life on this planet outside themselves.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:28 pm

that xkcd wiki on 873: FPD Mod wrote:FPS stands for First Person Shooter, which is a type of video game (like Halo or Duke Nukem) in which you are looking at the world from the first person perspective of the character you are controlling. Randall notes in the caption that no one liked his FPS mod (short for "modification" of the FPS game), and in the title text it is clear that Cueball who played this modified version no longer enjoys the game.

FPS games are controversial for their (supposed) quality of encouraging violence such as killing (especially other human beings). One point of the controversy is that, while virtual enemies are just pixels on a screen, real enemies have actual lives, emotions, and the like. In the games, there is a disconnect between the act of killing and its emotional cost, thus leading to the controversy that FPS games encourage wanton killing (or violence in general) to solve problems instead of considering the other party. Randall makes reference to this by adding a mod that gives biographical snippets of the enemy you shoot in the game, thus giving Cueball the perspective of the enemy he just shot, and causing emotional consequence and remorse by removing the disconnect between pixel and life.

The comic can also be a reference towards making games more realistic. Giving the enemies a life above being mere targets definitely makes the game more realistic, but such a game would not be that enjoyable. This has been explored previously in 772: Frogger.
Thanks, wiki. I was always wondering what a FPS was.
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 pm
He actually bitched about how much money he wasted on it and how it was a money suck. Then his next sentence was trying to make me buy it
What a marketing genius. I wonder why that site didn't become the google of webcomics.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
I have one big story about Lewis's personal Paul latza, fesworks.

You know how Lewis has a degree in English and philosophy? Fesworks has an even worse degree.

His degree is in Electives. He explained it to me once was he went to college for 4 years, got X amount of credits and that earned him a degree in electives. He bragged about this.

His job while through college was as an orderly at an old folks home. After college he was offered a job at a Comcast retentions call center.

I actually tried to talk him out of it, knowing people who worked at Telecom fall centers. He kept talking about how much money he was making and how great it was going to be.

While at his two week training, he bought the cuck house he now lives in, basing his mortgage on his projected income. Within 2 months of this call center job, he quit and crawled back to his orderly job. I remember he had some serious debt issues.

He bought a webcomic listing service called WebcomicZ for thousands of dollars, then tried to sell it to me for $5k. I refused.

The first time I met fesworks in public was at a comic convention in Texas called stripcon. I was setting up my booth when fes, who was setting up his booth said dramatically "I know that voice!" Then approached me and tried to argue with me that my analysis of uncle Ben's death in Marc Webb's amazing Spiderman movie was wrong, a topic that was covered in a podcast I was on(that fesworks was not on).

He was also wearing a fucking Stetson. He was the only guy in the whole state wearing a Stetson.

There was a podcasting panel we were on with several other people. Midway through the panel, a large, greasy hamburger was delivered to fesworks. I asked fes if he was going to sit to the side as the panel continued. He rejected that notion.

The recording of the panel is disgusting, you can hear fes eating throughout it. It was disgusting in real life too.

After the panel, myself and others podcasters talked shop. One podcaster said he had Jim Cummings on his show. Nice. I mentioned I had Marv wolfman. Cool. Fesworks, not one to be one upped whipped out "yeah? Well I had LINKARA on my show!"

The whole group looked at him and went "Who?"

His comic review show 'first issues' was based on the new 52. He was going to read the first issue of every 52 titles and then weigh in on if he would read the next one. It was awful.

Maybe he's not as pathetic as Lewis, but he's still pretty pathetic. And now you know about the 'stinky man' that Lewis forced Liz to sit next to
How in the hell did you guys end up meeting? And yeah, now I know why Liz ended things.

Although I don't know which one is more pathetic, since Lewis actually did manage to get some level of fame and wasn't dumb enough to spend thousands on a site he can't use. At least he was able to wear the Power Rangers costume in the show.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:51 pm

In the early days of webcomics, his webcomic podcast, the webcast beacon, was somewhat popular and famous in the community. The best way to network back then was through the beacon.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:34 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 pm
You know your stick figure comic strip is shitty when you have to gets fans to make a separate wiki explaining what the hell you're talking about.
<Explaining the comic

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 am

1:24, he starts congrats himself

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:26 am

ThatGuy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 am

1:24, he starts congrats himself
18:00-22:00 where he talks about fan entitlement, harassment and some other bullshit

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am

ThatGuy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:26 am
fan entitlement, harassment and some other bullshit
Problems he created for himself.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:04 am

>spending time in your video to go on an unrelated tangent about how important your videos are

Also is it just me, or is he morphing into MovieBlob?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette