Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Cuckara

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Cuckara » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:16 am
😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

Every interview and piece of marketing material further confirms that the leaks are true; John Connor is dead, and the new savior of humanity is a Mexican chick because "muh diversity." I'm impressed by how Hollywood keeps coming up with more complicated ways to shit all over the first two Terminator films. I thought Genisys was the ultimate insult to the franchise, but Dark Fate might end up outdoing it. This should serve as a valuable lesson; James Cameron has stopped giving a shit. He only cares about the 50 Avatar sequels that are in development.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 pm

not gonna lie, making Connor a villain and using his legacy Harvey Dent style could've been used in a good Terminator sequel
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:31 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:59 pm
Every interview and piece of marketing material further confirms that the leaks are true; John Connor is dead, and the new savior of humanity is a Mexican chick because "muh diversity." I'm impressed by how Hollywood keeps coming up with more complicated ways to shit all over the first two Terminator films. I thought Genisys was the ultimate insult to the franchise, but Dark Fate might end up outdoing it. This should serve as a valuable lesson; James Cameron has stopped giving a shit. He only cares about the 50 Avatar sequels that are in development.
This is Ghostbusters 2016 all over again. They know.........THEY KNOW.......that their movie is shit. This shit that Tim Miller is spewing from his stupid fucking mouth is the EXACT same garbage that Paul Fag and the Fembusters cast spewed from their stupid fucking mouths when that pile of garbage film was released.

He's hoping that he can accumulate enough woke points and that they will somehow translate into box office shekels. He's fucking pathetic, another Hollywood Jew doing damage control on his trash fire of a movie.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 pm

It's pretty funny that they're going the "REEEEEE MISOGYNISTS" route with a franchise that has always had strong female leads. If this is how Hollywood is going to defend every dumpster fire that stars a woman, then I guess we can look forward to:
>"manbabies hate new Alien film because it has strong women"
>"The Silence of the Lambs remake is being attacked by misogynistic fans"

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 pm
It's pretty funny that they're going the "REEEEEE MISOGYNISTS" route with a franchise that has always had strong female leads.
Shitlibs can’t into history.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 pm
It's pretty funny that they're going the "REEEEEE MISOGYNISTS" route with a franchise that has always had strong female leads. If this is how Hollywood is going to defend every dumpster fire that stars a woman, then I guess we can look forward to:
>"manbabies hate new Alien film because it has strong women"
>"The Silence of the Lambs remake is being attacked by misogynistic fans"
You know they fucking will. It's not like they're signalling to people who watched the original movies in the first place.

I think part of it might not even be the box office, which doesn't even work, but an attempt shield their careers via shitlibbery. By politicizing their steaming shitpile of a movie, they make rightly shitcanning them for their miserable failure a political act, one that's pandering to muh alt-right, racists, and muhsoggykneests. And woke Hollywood can't stand the idea of doing that.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:09 pm

So in other words it's the Kaepernig technique
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 pm

I have a mixture of extreme worry and extreme relief with Bond 25.
Worry, because the whole bringing back Lea Seydoux seems to be hinting at a retread of Tracy and the revenge arc, and I am desperate for a Craig movie without a revenge arc of any sort. And of course then there's all the highly publicised production difficulties, most notably the loss of Danny Boyle, who was exactly the kind of energetic and creative director the series needs after the Mendes slogs.

Still, I like that a chunk of the film seems to be set in Jamaica and they're bringing back Wright as Felix Leiter. It's got potential to be a nice, pacy flick without too much baggage. Shame they didn't get David Arnold back to score.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 pm
I have a mixture of extreme worry and extreme relief with Bond 25.
Worry, because the whole bringing back Lea Seydoux seems to be hinting at a retread of Tracy and the revenge arc, and I am desperate for a Craig movie without a revenge arc of any sort. And of course then there's all the highly publicised production difficulties, most notably the loss of Danny Boyle, who was exactly the kind of energetic and creative director the series needs after the Mendes slogs.

Still, I like that a chunk of the film seems to be set in Jamaica and they're bringing back Wright as Felix Leiter. It's got potential to be a nice, pacy flick without too much baggage. Shame they didn't get David Arnold back to score.
They HAD to bring back Seydoux to resolve the trashfire that Spectre left them with somehow. I dunno, the exotic locales are cool, and Rami Malek may actually be a good villain. He seems like he's loving the role, which any good Bond villain should. It's all about chewing that scenery. But there's also all the worrying attempts to introduce wokeness to the franchise and the troubled production. Plus of course, the dumpster fire that was Spectre. It's not quite as bad a situation as writing a sequel for The Last Jedi, but it's pretty bad. The Craig Bond movies have been extremely hit and miss.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Not really. Spectre left it open-ended enough where they could just start with Craig back in service. As for Blofeld, they could pretend he's permanently in jail or something.
Kugelfisch wrote: