Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Movieblob

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 am

We all know they only keep Blob around because he doesn't ask for much. I don't know what he gets paid, but I'd wager he does his best to make sure it's cheaper to keep him than fire him. He's so desperate for ANY legitimacy and writing for a (((gamer website))) let's him pretend he's some big-shot thought leader changing culture and progressing to a glorious moon wheat future where all jawks are enslaved.

They're probably canceling one of his programs because it's either not getting the viewership it used to or the Escapist is ONCE AGAIN mismanaging their money and can't afford it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 am
We all know they only keep Blob around because he doesn't ask for much. I don't know what he gets paid, but I'd wager he does his best to make sure it's cheaper to keep him than fire him. He's so desperate for ANY legitimacy and writing for a (((gamer website))) let's him pretend he's some big-shot thought leader changing culture and progressing to a glorious moon wheat future where all jawks are enslaved.

They're probably canceling one of his programs because it's either not getting the viewership it used to or the Escapist is ONCE AGAIN mismanaging their money and can't afford it.
Yes is the answer to both of those. Blob's views are in the toilet and The Esgaypissed is going broke.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 am

Good. Because nothing makes me happier than imagining Piss Potts in the gutter.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 am

rabidtictac wrote:
We all know they only keep Blob around because he doesn't ask for much. I don't know what he gets paid, but I'd wager he does his best to make sure it's cheaper to keep him than fire him
That's probably his rationale but if they're paying him any money at all it's costing them more to keep him than fire him
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 am
Good. Because nothing makes me happier than imagining Piss Potts in the gutter.
He was already kicked out because he dared to talk back to milady Chelsea Van Valkenberg.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Bob has a patreon that pays him about 4k, pretty sure he is taking whatever deal he gets from the escapist.

But here is the thing, I don't think they are getting anybody to replace the game overthinker. The escapist is downsizing with layoffs and this seems to be just a cut off the fat.

My guess is, Russ Pitts is the one who brought investors to this, it isn't paying off, even Yahtzee can't break higher than 400k, and Bob struggles to get 40k, and I doubt they are getting much more hits on their website either.

Whatever money they had is drying up, Pitts is out, so anyone with a pull to the inverstors they had is out, and i have no idea who is in charge of this ship.

The escapist is a joke, and even the Yahtzee fans don't really see him as a part of the site anyway. Moviebob's audience has shrunk a lot. He still has a loyal core (hell, he makes 4k on patreon), but overall, he is seen as offputting.

I get the impression that the only one who really liked Bob was Pitts, and the rest just put up with him, but he will keep at the escapist even if they are paying him peanuts and unless he really screws the pooch, they won't have any real reason to kick him out unless, i dunno, gamergate 2.0 or some shit.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 pm

rpgworm wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Bob has a patreon that pays him about 4k, pretty sure he is taking whatever deal he gets from the escapist.

But here is the thing, I don't think they are getting anybody to replace the game overthinker. The escapist is downsizing with layoffs and this seems to be just a cut off the fat.

My guess is, Russ Pitts is the one who brought investors to this, it isn't paying off, even Yahtzee can't break higher than 400k, and Bob struggles to get 40k, and I doubt they are getting much more hits on their website either.

Whatever money they had is drying up, Pitts is out, so anyone with a pull to the inverstors they had is out, and i have no idea who is in charge of this ship.

The escapist is a joke, and even the Yahtzee fans don't really see him as a part of the site anyway. Moviebob's audience has shrunk a lot. He still has a loyal core (hell, he makes 4k on patreon), but overall, he is seen as offputting.

I get the impression that the only one who really liked Bob was Pitts, and the rest just put up with him, but he will keep at the escapist even if they are paying him peanuts and unless he really screws the pooch, they won't have any real reason to kick him out unless, i dunno, gamergate 2.0 or some shit.
He gives plenty of real reason every single day on twitter. People have been fired for a lot fucking less than the shit Bob spews out. In a sane, just world, any company would consider Bob as toxic to their brand as an open, gas the kikes, 1488, Nazi.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 am
rabidtictac wrote:
We all know they only keep Blob around because he doesn't ask for much. I don't know what he gets paid, but I'd wager he does his best to make sure it's cheaper to keep him than fire him
That's probably his rationale but if they're paying him any money at all it's costing them more to keep him than fire him
He might be bringing in something just by the sheer volume. Before Bob came back, the Escapist channel was just Yahtzee posting once or twice a week, which isn't great for volumetrics. With Bob posting three times a week, you get five videos. So even though his three videos combined don't equate to a Zero Punctuation, the activity does help with the algorithm in the long run. And Bob is probably paid once, not per video.

But from the sound of things, they're probably trying to move away from him. They're replacing his game overthinker series with one by someone who I think we can safely assume actually plays video games but allowing him to do two big pictures a week. They're probably expecting him to eventually burn out when he runs out of things to talk about (Forgetting that Bob does not need to actually know about a subject in order to feel confident enough to make a video about it) and he can drop down to two videos. I reckon next they'll hire another movie reviewer and pitch it as a Siskel and Ebert thing for Bob so he won't get butthurt, until the new reviewer starts getting more hits and they can shitcan him.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am

I hear that bringing back Bob actually decreased their total views and sub count. The guy's poison. He's only there because Pitts was like his only friend in the world. Of course he threw him under the bus same as Faraci, who likewise was the only person dumb enough to give him work.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am
I hear that bringing back Bob actually decreased their total views and sub count. The guy's poison. He's only there because Pitts was like his only friend in the world. Of course he threw him under the bus same as Faraci, who likewise was the only person dumb enough to give him work.
Rusty Pittstains just wanted to pwn the goobergaters. The closest thing Bob has to an actual friend is his brother, who's obligated by bonds of blood to stick up for the special needs case.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 pm

I don't disagree but I didn't count his brother because, like you said, they're related and his brother seems to be more of a tard wrangler than a friend.
Kugelfisch wrote: