Evo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Evo

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:05 pm

The greatest day of your lives is here you fffffffffuuuckkkkssssss, sadly I won't be able to watch it all the way through and have to catch replays.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Evo

Post by Charlar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Where do you guys watch it and is it worth watching for a first time?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:43 pm

He gets Double Perfected and tries to walk away without shaking hands because he is salty as shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 am

I actually prefer to watch EVO after the fact. Charlar, Team Spooky usually uploads everything eventually. Not always pools but usually from top 32 onwards. Pools only for big games. Side tournaments are really hard to catch and aren't on stream anyway. The official stream is on twitch.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 am
I actually prefer to watch EVO after the fact. Charlar, Team Spooky usually uploads everything eventually. Not always pools but usually from top 32 onwards. Pools only for big games. Side tournaments are really hard to catch and aren't on stream anyway. The official stream is on twitch.
Thanks
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 am

Team Spooky is the way to go. I usually go looking specifically for side tournament footage because the main screen matches are of games I think suck balls. I don't know where blazblue is this year, but I'd be willing to bet it's a side tourney if they show it at all. Guilty Gear and DBZ are the new animufighters this year, and then Shill Fighter V takes the mainstream with It'sJustAss 2 and MKX season 11 or whatever.

The only good thing about this year is Tekken 7 is a hype release, so we'll get some decent 1080p quality tekken 1vs1 pro match footage. That's actually not super easy to find on youtube (before T7 came out) because T6 was pre-1080p youtube era and TTT2 isn't 1vs1.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 am

Top 8 for KoF14 was wild. Same with streamed matches before that.

Guilty Gear was also great, so much shit happening previous to Top 8, 2 streams at the same time and you had to watch both, because some things like the previous fight posted happened several times, many top japanese players getting btfo.

But this is about it for me, kof and gg are my stuff and i really have no interest on the rest.

I might watch the sf5 only out of curiosity, but the game sucks ass. Is mostly about the players i want to see.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 am

Even a lot of the people playing SFV at Evo this year don't like the game. So why should I want to watch it? : D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 am

To catch a glimpse at Daigo and these other titans of the SF e-sport community trying to not look like they're hating every single minute they spend with this shoddy excuse for a game?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am

Heard about the game a while back, but new characters were added:

Why the fuck doesn't Street Fighter 5 look that fun to play?
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.