What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:23 am
Sigh........I want more Metroidvania in my life, but I guess this might not be it. :/
You're better off re-playing Aria/Dawn of Sorrow or SotN. Bloodstained is exactly that but worse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:27 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:23 am
Sigh........I want more Metroidvania in my life, but I guess this might not be it. :/
You're better off re-playing Aria/Dawn of Sorrow or SotN. Bloodstained is exactly that but worse.
I'm pretty sick of Symphony, but I'll gladly hop back into Dawn, that game was legit.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:34 am

I think that's the only game I ever 100%ed. Not by the games measurements but actually absolutely. I did everything there was to do, leveled to max level and when there was nothing left I attempted the glitching that can delete your save file but gets you weapons normally unobtainable.
I truly did everything there was to do in it and right about now sounds like a good time to do it all over again in the near future.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:43 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:34 am
I think that's the only game I ever 100%ed. Not by the games measurements but actually absolutely. I did everything there was to do, leveled to max level and when there was nothing left I attempted the glitching that can delete your save file but gets you weapons normally unobtainable.
I truly did everything there was to do in it and right about now sounds like a good time to do it all over again in the near future.
Now that you mention it, I don't think I ever 100%ed it myself. I'll make that my goal this time.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:32 am

The very first GBA - just "Castlevania" over here, "Circle of the Moon" in most other places - is also rather fun. Good blend of of classic and new Castlevania, and actually somewhat challenging. That is until you realize having more ATK than the enemy's DEF cranks your damage output a lot more than in the other Metroidvanias, so STR and ATK boosts rule supreme.

Also I just realized I haven't actually gotten to any of the DS Castlevanias. And since Nintendo and Konami are involved, I can't just buy all of them digitally for my 3DS.

Oh well, gotta bust out my One Piece cosplay...
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:15 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:13 am
It certainly has better voice acting than SotN, that's for sure :lol:
Sure.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:13 am
Plus the music is sufficiently Castlevania for my nostalgia boner.
Ranges from passable to lame.
That's not what I'm talking about, though. The entire rest of the sound design is weaksauce garbage. No good enemy hit sounds, no good weapon hit sounds, basically everything that's not music or talking is really, really weak and can't even compete with a GBA game.
It's better than nothing, man. Better than nothing *holds back tears*
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Gotta point out Dragon's Curse did metroidvania before metroidvania.

Metroidvania should be called Metroid's-curse, Dragon's-roid or Wonderboy Metroid Island instead. What a fake revisionistic genre name.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:29 pm

It gets even better if you factor in that the Bloodstained team insists this genre is called "Igavania".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:32 am
The very first GBA - just "Castlevania" over here, "Circle of the Moon" in most other places - is also rather fun. Good blend of of classic and new Castlevania, and actually somewhat challenging. That is until you realize having more ATK than the enemy's DEF cranks your damage output a lot more than in the other Metroidvanias, so STR and ATK boosts rule supreme.
I have the Double Pack version. It included CotM and AoS on one cartridge.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:03 pm

I did everything in Aria of Sorrow also. Circle is fun but never grabbed me like Aria did.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:05 pm

It's Symphony or nothing.

Apparently the C64 is getting re-released in November in time for Xmas. Is this thing worth getting? People are all "you can program in Basic!" like that's supposed to mean something. I just like that it's the actual system you can get games for and not just a greatest hits thing like all the minis.

Re-release the N64 already, you cheap bastards!