Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:43 pm
Easy to control my ass. You basically need to hire an entire PR team to babysit them 24/7, lest they generate bad publicity with tweets that endorse white genocide and/or call the established fanbase of your property literal Hitlers who should die in a fire.
I think that's encouraged at Disney.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:32 pm

I think that the "woke" shit that you see in blockbuster movies today IS the studio's idea. Because it's their idea of safe and non-controversial. And so they hire not-so-seasoned writers and directors who will do that without resistance in order to take advange of the career boost.

There are at least two high-profile examples of "name" directors clashing with the producers of big franchises. Edgar Wright jumped ship from "Ant-Man" because Disney/Marvel wanted other writers to revise his script. (Wright's replacement: Who-the-fuck, I don't even know his name). Lord & Miller got fired from "Solo" because they weren't making exactly the movie that Kathleen Kennedy wanted. (Their replacement: A 90-year-old Ron Howard, who's had plenty of experience not offending studios in any way.)

Not to mention the movies that go through drastic reshoots after the studio doesn't approve (I believe that most of "Rogue One" was made twice; for that one, the director played along and kept his career.)

I think that the producers behind the Marvel and Star Wars movies keep their directors under tight control. I think the directors are being directed. I'm not saying that the directors don't bring anything to the table, but I do think that not one thing makes it on screen without the approval of their bosses.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:38 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:14 am
How'd that even work? It's not like Hollywood is a company or something.
I think you're underestimating how crazy the West has become. People were treating Endgame like a religious revival, weeping and having holy orgasms over that mediocre shit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:14 am
How'd that even work? It's not like Hollywood is a company or something.
I think you're underestimating how crazy the West has become. People were treating Endgame like a religious revival, weeping and having holy orgasms over that mediocre shit.
And promptly forgot about it after it came out.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Some faggot set a record by seeing it something like that 300 times, which is 301 times more than I ever hope to see it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 am

Josh Trank, the director of that last "Fantastic Four" mega-bomb, is the cautionary tale. When the studio fucked with the movie, he complained on Twitter about it.

I think he makes sandwiches at Subway now.
He's got an Al Capone movie in development with Tom Hardy set to star, who knows if that ever sees the light of day, tho.

What interests me about Toy Story is the first film's a classic that I grew up with and know by heart, the 2nd one, at least I'd argue, is one of the greatest sequels ever made whereas three and four are, to varying degrees, reskins of the 2nd movie in plot but *definitely* in theme. Both are watchable, but steps down from the first two for that very reason.

With that being said, I do think four offers a better ending for the series than three. The ending of three is kind of weird for reasons that were best explained by Doge of all people.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/woody-toy-story-4/

Did anyone hear about this? I'm not surprised that its fake, but it speaks to how ridiculous the "Lando is pansexual" shit from Solo was that a meme website can put this out and have it be that persuasive.

I'm assuming there's going to be a rumor like that now for every Disney movie, like before Episode IX someone will say Palpatine turns trans in the movie.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Palps is clearly gay. He could have been swimming in Jewish poon but only cared about "young Anakin" and his ten-inch "career".

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:26 pm

He said he'd watch it "with great interest" on top of that. It all makes sense now. :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:38 am

Palpy has always had gay vibes. Always trying to "turn" young men.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:37 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:22 pm
Some faggot set a record by seeing it something like that 300 times, which is 301 times more than I ever hope to see it.
Joke's on him. I couldn't think of a better punishment. Or maybe I could, forcing him to watch it three orders of magnitude more. 35 years of Endgame sounds like a fitting punishment to me.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!