What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:09 pm
Was better than I thought it was going to be, but they fucked up the A/B scenarios. It feels like the B scenarios were tacked on at the last minute.
The A/B scenarios for each character are almost identical. Meaning Leon B is basically just Leon A only you enter the police station from the side instead of the front. Doing all 4 scenarios really feels like a waste of time. Mr. X is psychologically more of a nuisance than he is in practicality. The part where he stalks you isn't all that long, and he's actually quite easy to evade if you keep your cool.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:09 pm
Was better than I thought it was going to be, but they fucked up the A/B scenarios. It feels like the B scenarios were tacked on at the last minute.
The A/B scenarios for each character are almost identical. Meaning Leon B is basically just Leon A only you enter the police station from the side instead of the front. Doing all 4 scenarios really feels like a waste of time. Mr. X is psychologically more of a nuisance than he is in practicality. The part where he stalks you isn't all that long, and he's actually quite easy to evade if you keep your cool.
The only part that truly annoyed me in regards to X is where you have to use the jack in the reference room to move the bookshelves. He's scripted to stalk you at that point. It was the only time I bothered to try to stop X for a bit. Downing him for 30 seconds helped me get past that bit.

But yeah, the B scenarios were a waste, missed opportunity there. I will say that I enjoyed the 4th Survivor. My best time was 9:11 minutes, although people have completed it waaaaaay faster than me.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 pm
Not nearly as awesome as killing Nemesis and getting rare parts for your guns.
That's one of the parts I loved about RE3. The game rewards you for managing to take down that fucker. I wish RE7 had something similar in regards to Jack Baker.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:50 am

So I was looking around for a racing game, possibly one with motorcycles. Looks like the newest MotoGP is great but fuck paying 50 bucks for it. But I did find out that there's a remaster of Burnout Paradise. So that's what I'm playing now.
I've played the absolute shit out of the game in the past but that's ten years go so I'm looking forward to doing it all over again. The speed is still unrivaled, especially on the motorcycles. I also never got any of the DLC for it back then so all that stuff that's included is new to me.
It's just as awesome as I remember it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 am

>Paying for games
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 pm

"This guy is 10-ply soft." Lulz as IGN staff piss themselves out of fear after seeing the new Call of Duty.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 am

tl;dw on that shit?

I think I've made yet another break through in Trials. I've still got a way to go but I get better times first try on hard tracks now. There's still stuff to understand better and especially execute better but I'm making progress. Been a while I've seriously played something that isn't a grind but rather where one's own skills get trained. I haven't had this much fun and satisfaction for a while, excluding DUSK.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:39 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 am
tl;dw on that shit?
Effeminate soyboy fatty trying to dunk on game journos.

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:49 am

Pathfinder: Kingmaker has gotten the last dlc and the free enhanced edition, time for second playthrough, fucking great rpg, much better game than anything Obsidian or inXile has released in the last 8-10 years. Bunch of unknown russian developers showing hipster millennials and has beens from california how its done. The tone of the game is lighter in tone than Pillows of Eternity, feels like an adventure, no unnecessary infodumping, no pointless and pretentious purple prose and I was very impressed how they managed to keep the story/narrative together and coherrent till the very end.

The game mechanics and loot are much more interesting and much better done than in Pillars of Eternity, which gameplay and itemization was so fucking boring, thanks to autistic Josh Sawyer.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:30 pm

I've been playing a very strange and interesting game. Dungeons and Dragons tactics for the psp. It's very unique. An almost flawless representation of the pen and paper game, or so I've been told by D&Dfags. It's very menu-heavy but also has a lot of freedom in how you build your character and how you play. A lot isn't explained, but just fiddling about will teach you many things even if, like me, you don't have experience with dungeons and dragons.

There are a lot of party combinations. No cross-class builds, but you have flexibility within each class. The graphics are pretty simple 3D, but the game does have a full lighting engine, which it uses to calculate hidden/invisible/revealed and other things. One of the most useful spells to cast is the Light spell, since it reveals enemies. And shadows seem to be dynamic, along with the light sources, so you will generate light realistically as a character with a light source moves around.

Some classes stand out as better than others. Sorcerors are absolutely insane nukers that can spam unavoidable attacks all day long. In a game where a majority of melee attacks miss, that's OP as fuck. Wizards become more broken later on, but they suck shit in the early game from their lack of spell casts. Clerics are OP too. Undead are everywhere and their spells are very useful, plus they can pinch hit as tanks. Psychic warriors broken as fuck for many reasons. Best tank class in the game that I've found, can heal itself, can overheal and has warrior-tier stats.

Enemies are extremely interesting. Werewolves take damage reduction unless you use magic or silver. Skellingtons take massive damage reduction unless you use blunt weapons. Zombies the same, but for bladed weapons. Devils take no damage from fire, etc. Almost every enemy type has its own unique strengths that require you to modify how you play and carry extra weapons around. Even a dedicated archer will need a slashing blade for zambies and silver arrows for werewolves.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome