Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:25 pm

Terminator Salvation at least tried something different. The only film in a now 6-film franchise with a unique plot.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 pm

T1 - T3 - Salvation are the relevant films, and only the first is legit good. A film where they actually depict Skynet's defeat in the purple laser era would be nice, but Salvations failure led that to being nothing more than the first 5 minutes of Genisys.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:35 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:45 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 am
"Society"Now that was fucked up, but quite funny and the ending
SpoilerShow
was pure David Cronenberg.
I didn't promise too much, right? I love that it's some weird thriller kinda movie at first and then just turns the crazy up to 11.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:49 pm
I love how the ads for Dark Fate keep trumpeting "James Cameron RETURNS OMG" as if his name is a synonym for quality. Dude made two watchable movies in his career and has always been a shit writer. He isn't even directing, which was literally his only decent quality in the '90s, so why the fuck would I care? Terminator Salvation is a masterpiece compared to this woke garbage.
James Cameron was also featured in the commercials for one of the crappy sequels saying how great it was. I don't remember which crappy sequel it was, but his new movie ignores its events.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:38 am

It was Genisys and they clearly gave him a big bag of money to say that. Then again he's been an absolute faggot for a long time now so for all I know his belief that Genisys was a good movie may have been genuine.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:01 am

Yeah I really can't tell if he actually thought it was awesome. He's braindead enough by now.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:02 am

cuckfacekermit got big views making an edit of that where Jim praised Berserk 2016.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 am
James Cameron was also featured in the commercials for one of the crappy sequels saying how great it was. I don't remember which crappy sequel it was, but his new movie ignores its events.
If course he'll ignore the movies not made by him. Kinda like how Ken Penders once threatened that he'd continue the esteemed Sanic comic series exactly where he left off if Archie Comics - for whatever reason - had decided to re-hire him, succeeding writers and universe-wide reboots be damned.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:47 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 am
If course he'll ignore the movies not made by him. Kinda like how Ken Penders once threatened that he'd continue the esteemed Sanic comic series exactly where he left off if Archie Comics - for whatever reason - had decided to re-hire him, succeeding writers and universe-wide reboots be damned.
Archie Comics isn't desperate enough to rehire Penders to try and save the franchise though, meaning that Sahnic is objectively a better, healthier franchise than Terminator. :lol:

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 am
What's not gay and shitty is "The Bird With the Crystal Plumage", which I just watched. I didn't like it quite as much as Deep Red but it was still good.

I wasn't able to find a subtitled version in good quality so this is the one I've watched.

Alright, I'm up for more recommendations on giallo.
In exchange I'd love to recommend "Society" from 1989 to absolutely everyone. The less you know about the movie before watching it, the better. Don't even look up the imdb. If you haven't seen it, just go watch it right now. It's 2000% cool and I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed!

PS: I found the product placement of J&B Rare pretty damn blatant in Crystal Plumage. :lol:
If you watch a lot of Italian genre movies, J&B scotch shows up a lot. I don't know why.

I love giallo films. Two recommendations for you.

"What Have They Done to Solange?" - A killer stalks an all-girls school and stabs all of his victims in the vagina. Only the police and a creepy teacher who's been sleeping with his students can save the day. Sleazy stuff.

"Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key" - Married couple hates each other, people around them start dying. The wife thinks her husband is doing it; he denies everything. In the middle of this, their sexy young niece, Edwige Fenech, shows up to visit and sleep with everyone in the movie who isn't dead yet. Great ending.