What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:38 am

I didn't even buy the crash and spyro remakes so I probably won't buy that. A lot of the charm of these old ps1 games is lost with the new disney-pixar sponsored cancer art style.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Justify

Post by Justify » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm

I like to play a online games.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:28 pm

Justify wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm
Cool story, show us your tits possible grill with a female avatar.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:40 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:28 pm
Justify wrote:
He's as much of a girl as you are a cat. (Although you are an autistic.)

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:40 pm
mad bum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:28 pm
Justify wrote:
He's as much of a girl as you are a cat. (Although you are an autistic.)
Mind your manners cadet. That's not a cat, that is our emperor.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:42 am

Last time we had an emperor with a cat avatar things didn't go so well. Be careful what you wish for, unless you want guestposting to go away and have an enforced minimum letter count to post. True faggot shit, lemme tell ya.

Aaaanyway, still Trials. Mostly Rising and Evolution today. I'm at this weird point in skill where Hard tracks are great fun and getting a gold is fairly easy but where some Extreme tracks are either pretty easy or very difficult. But at least I've broken the barrier where Extreme seemed almost impossible or bullshit.
I've got a much, much better practical understanding of landing on inclines, good transitions and overhangs now. So when I fuck up I know why and know how to do it better. It's really all just execution from this point on.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:43 am
Have they finally figured out a combat system that doesn't involved standing in front of your opponent and swinging your weapon from left to right and back again?

(I'd say one of the most interesting parts of Gothic is how orcs tend to be late-game shit brickhouses who will fuck your shit up if you run into them too early.)
Found the plebbitor :lol: Although you probably talking about Gothic 1.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:59 pm

I feel like I still haven't played all the classic RE style survival horror games. Is the first dino crisis good or trash? I should really go back and finish Code Veronica X HD. It's not bad, just kind of weird and overly long for that type of game.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:09 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:59 pm
I feel like I still haven't played all the classic RE style survival horror games. Is the first dino crisis good or trash? I should really go back and finish Code Veronica X HD. It's not bad, just kind of weird and overly long for that type of game.
Yeah, CVX comes in 4th place in the pre-RE4 era of RE games. It's still worth a playthrough, but Steve Burnside was an annoying character with an annoying voice actor. Get past that bit of cringe and you're good.

Dino Crisis plays a lot like classic RE, albeit with dinos. Worth a playthrough for real. I skipped out on it back in the day. Finally got around to playing it in the mid-2000's and I'm glad I did.

Also, finally played the RE2 remake. Was better than I thought it was going to be, but they fucked up the A/B scenarios. It feels like the B scenarios were tacked on at the last minute. Also, they removed the giant spiders, giant moth, and crows. Mr. X is super fucking annoying too, he'll follow you everywhere with the exception of a few rooms.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 pm

I've heard they really fucked up bad with Mr. X. A lot of RE vets have told me he's really annoying and makes the game not fun in many places. The spiders and crows added a lot of variety to classic RE. They were mostly nuisance enemies but they could fuck with you if you weren't paying attention. :lol:

The original Mr. X was way too much of a pussy bitch. Nemesis from RE3 was what Mr. X should have been like. He was still semi-scripted. If you killed Nemesis in one area, he wouldn't ever spawn again in that set of zones. And he wouldn't spawn at all when chasing you until you were a few camera transitions (at least one) from the door you came out of (to hide his spawn animation, most likely.)

My big problem with code veronica x is twofold. One is that it's really, REALLY fucking long for a survival horror game. They crammed all the content of RE2's A AND B scenarios into a single campaign and it's probably longer even than that. The longer the game is before you reach a conclusion, the more tedious all the backtracking has a chance to become. And CVX has a shitload of backtracking, inventory fuckery and character fuckery, even compared to other RE games.

It's a little annoying too in CVX that some of the improvements from RE3 weren't implemented, such as scaling stairs without a canned animation and crafting your own ammo (well, there's explosive powder but that's all). I understand that CVX was being made at the same time as RE3 (in part,) but it still grates when you have SUPER fucking fast enemies like Bandersnatches and you can't go up and down stairs without entering a cutscene to do it. Seriously, fuck bandersnatches in general.

But the guns are great in CVX. I'm starting to feel that RE4 took a step back with its weapon system. RE4 opened the door for a weapon shop that doles out only incremental upgrades, and slowly. Whereas in RE2, when you upgrade your handgun to the Matilda because you found the gun parts, you feel fucking amazing. There's a massive difference in your power level. RE3 and CVX have the same weapon upgrade system, where there's no currency and you only need parts. In contrast, RE5 has a between-mission menu surfing shop with no merchant, where all you can do is sell gems for """SCORE""" (they couldn't even invent an african currency) so you can buy shit to reduce reload time by 1/2 second or add 10% damage. Not nearly as awesome as killing Nemesis and getting rare parts for your guns.
RAPEMAN wrote: