Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 am

What's not gay and shitty is "The Bird With the Crystal Plumage", which I just watched. I didn't like it quite as much as Deep Red but it was still good.

I wasn't able to find a subtitled version in good quality so this is the one I've watched.

Alright, I'm up for more recommendations on giallo.
In exchange I'd love to recommend "Society" from 1989 to absolutely everyone. The less you know about the movie before watching it, the better. Don't even look up the imdb. If you haven't seen it, just go watch it right now. It's 2000% cool and I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed!

PS: I found the product placement of J&B Rare pretty damn blatant in Crystal Plumage. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:41 am

Even if the Joker blows ass, I can't get over how Joaquin Phoenix is objectively perfect casting.

Sounds like shitty Taxi Driver tbh, I think this leak if true, confirms that the movie is trying to ape Scorsese; with De Niro playing what is likely a riff on Jerry Lewis' King of Comedy character.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:23 pm

He is an ugly man, good actor though.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 am
Alright, I'm up for more recommendations on giallo.
In exchange I'd love to recommend "Society" from 1989 to absolutely everyone. The less you know about the movie before watching it, the better. Don't even look up the imdb. If you haven't seen it, just go watch it right now. It's 2000% cool and I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed!

PS: I found the product placement of J&B Rare pretty damn blatant in Crystal Plumage. :lol:
Now that was fucked up, but quite funny and the ending
SpoilerShow
was pure David Cronenberg.
Reminded me of Brick (2005) which also had a similar fucked up atmosphere and dark humor. It's also recommendable clever indie film shot with a minimal budget, written and directed by.. drumroll.. Rian Johnson. Yes, the Rian Johnson the whole internet curses and hates after The Last Jedi and rightfully so, but once he actually managed to create something worthwhile.

https://www.123movies.gdn/brick-watch-free/

Giallos.. all Argento's 70's and 80's films are essential, my personal favourites are Tenebrae, Phenomena and Deep Red.

J&B in giallo films is really a meme from the 70's.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:45 pm
Yes, the Rian Johnson the whole internet curses and hates after The Last Jedi and rightfully so, but once he actually managed to create something worthwhile.
Honestly, I’ll take train wrecks like TLJ over bland shit written by (((Jujube Abrams))) or (((Just Weed-be-gone))). When the director is allowed to write the script, shit gets crazy.

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:50 pm

I agree in principle that it's more fun to watch something over-the-top stupid than some calculated, bland and soulless corporate product, what JewJew represents very well indeed, but nevertheless I managed to watch TFA throughout whereas TLJ I had to turn off after 15 or so minutes. Evil, all-white space nazi group attacks the diverse resistance movement and their commander screams madly the most retarded dialogue like some parody villain from Spaceballs. Resistance launches their counterattack with their army of latinos and asian girls and their mother-jokes, I just couldn't handle that bullshit any further, I just watched the key scenes from YT afterwards.

The plot of Terminator: Dark Timez has allegedly leaked and if this leak is legit, holy shit will this movie suck. It is apparently possible to produce even worse Terminator movie than Genishit, just minimize Arnold's role in the movie and turn up the level of woke to its maximum. What is Terminator movie without Arnie? Who gives a fuck about 62 year old Linda Hamilton? In the trailer she looks like some iron grandmother reminding me primarily of Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot. It's also funny how they keep rebooting this franchise, Genishit ignored T3 and Salvation, and this new movie apparently ignores all Terminator movies after T2. I guess after 5 years there will be another reboot, this time bringing Edward Furlong back to cash in with nostalgia, and it will ignore again every Terminator after T2, including Dark Timez. Also, why do the writers hate John Connor so much? He's a good boi, what did he ever do to deserve this?
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Hamilton is the Terminator franchise's Ripley to some degree, so I can understand wanting her back, but no writer can change the fact that the entire point of the story is John Connor's destiny, not hers. Her character exists to facilitate John. That's what made her so interesting, because she was trapped in this struggle for a son she hadn't even conceived of yet.

I'm hyped for the shitstorm this film will be, and for the even worser sequels to follow. Let Terminator be the one franchise that literally gets worse each consecutive film.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm

I guess it's easy rebooting this franchise since they can always go "time travel did it".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:37 pm

So are we just gonna ignore what a rubbish title "Dark Fate" is?
Like, Genisys was dumb, but at least it had some meaning.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:49 pm

The trailer for Brick was too much exposure to that ultra-hip bullfaggotry. Just smug quip after quip from that manlet faggot from 3rd Rock From The Sun.

I love how the ads for Dark Fate keep trumpeting "James Cameron RETURNS OMG" as if his name is a synonym for quality. Dude made two watchable movies in his career and has always been a shit writer. He isn't even directing, which was literally his only decent quality in the '90s, so why the fuck would I care? Terminator Salvation is a masterpiece compared to this woke garbage.