Peripherals

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Peripherals

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:13 pm

So because my 360 controller is well beat up at this point I thought I'd check if I can still get a new one that's cable bound.
Absolutely fucking not. Not even on eGay. I don't want a wireless one and I especially don't want some crappy China knockoff. So I got a used one in "very good" condition. I'll see how that turns out. Also holy shit have the gotten expensive.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Re: Peripherals

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Have they? That sucks. I need to think about replacing my old 360 controller which is getting pretty worn down after years of use. I can't complain about the controller in any way, it's just old and everything about it is wearing out.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:46 pm

It's top quality. Only my left bumper doesn't work correctly anymore and the thumbsticks are worn really bad. For being over a decade old and likely having survived five dozen drops and thousands of hours of use it's doing stellar. I just thought to get a replacement now while I still can.
I've shelled out 60 Eurocuckbucks for it. New wireless ones go for north of 80 but I always found the wireless ones to be less reliable. I've got four wireless ones in storage and they all have at least some form of stickdrift.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Yeah, it's mostly my sticks that are wearing out. And the battery doesn't hold a charge, but that doesn't mean anything since I can just plug it into the charge cable and use it wired. But the left stick is starting to give me phantom inputs a la DSP and that's a bit annoying.

Xbox really knows how to build a fucking controller. My OG xbox controllers are still working too. The og xbox console was a pile of trash in terms of reliability, but the controllers? Pretty nice.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Microsoft were mostly on their A-game with controllers even way back then for PCs. But that seems to be of the past as the Xboner ones don't seem to be all that good.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:23 pm

There's a few knockoff brands that are actually pretty high quality. I've had an Afterglow for about 5 years and the only reason it's starting to have issues is because one of my nieces or nephews spilled something on it and didn't tell me until it dried.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:58 pm

I've gotten a cable one from the start since I don't care much about wireless controllers. Still doing its job just fine, though I might look for a replacement in advance before it gets even more expensive.

Though I've heard there are gamepads out there who can do both Direct- and XInput. Could be handy for playing some titles that can't into the Xboner's freaky shoulder triggers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm

I can attest to afterglow stuff being pretty good, and they seem cheap still. I also have a pelican tsz wired 360 controller that I used forever and played fine. If you paid more than the equivalent of $20 USD then you need to cancel that order because you're getting ripped off.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Still shoving the Move up my ass after all these years.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Quite honestly thats all that thing is good for.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]