Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Movieblob

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 pm
It's because they have strayed too far off the path of proper evolution.
The properly evolved man drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon with his Mountain Dew soaked chicken tendies.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:04 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Then I found out this is cargo beer meant to be shipped halfway around the planet back when there were sails and shit
Yeah, it's not actually beer. The yeast in beer is the problem with shipping it across the equator. It just tilts (is that a term for that in English) like chicken soup in summer. One moment it's fine, the next it's completely rotten.
They just tried whatever and IPA worked out. It's vile but any swill was better than no swill. Interestingly, Beck's also handles getting shipped below the equator, which is a large part of it's success as it was the only beer you could ship to the German colonies in west Africa.

These days it's just retards not knowing what they are doing, selling a shit product to idiots that don't know good beer. It's not the usual burgerland piss water that barely has any flavour so it's instantly good, right? :roll:
Creating a refreshing and tardy beer is a high art form. You can't just keep throwing more hops into the wash like a retard because not only is there a limit to how bitter you can make a beer and still be pleasent but also because it eventually just starts tasting sour - exactly what's wrong with IPA.
So basically any retard can make an IPA since it's just making a beer wrong and then pretending it's a style. It's like failing to make a mayonnaise with the oil completely separating and then claiming that you're doing it intentionally and that it's a premium product.

You have no idea how fucking assblasted I'm about those goddamn hipsters.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:37 pm

The hipsters are celebrating booze diversity to trigger the beer-right.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:41 am

They just heard the I stood for India and decided it was muh diversity muh inclusiveness of POCs

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:28 am

IPAs are everywhere in my area. Most microbrews are fucking IPA factories these days. IPAs and sometimes stouts. TBH I'd rather have a nice porter or hefe than a stout because a good stout is hard to make. A lot of the stouts that end up sold are too bitter or dark in my opinion. "But that's the point" nah fam, the point is high alcohol content but still a delicious mix of chocolate, coffee and vanilla notes.

Microbrews in general are rather disappointing. They cost a lot for what you get and what you get is usually mediocre. Is it better than a swiller beer like Miller or PBR? Yeah, maybe. But not enough to justify the price difference. And they usually aren't better than the decent macro beers like Tsintao, Heineken, Sapporo, Red Hook ESB etc. You pay two times what a can of Sapporo costs and get a worse product. Top quality marketing, there.

By far the best beers I've had came from euro companies, and the best of those were Bavarian or Belgian. It's not even a contest. Those Russians make some decent beers too. I'm not aware of any top tier belgian beer-makers going out of their way to make IPAs and there's probably a reason for that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am

Czech beer is also good.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:34 am

Somewhat lucky that Texas, due to a large german migration at the turn of the last century, has lots of local breweries that produce lager-type beers over anything else. The micros do a lot of IPAs still, but the older, family run small breweries produce lagers, bocks and such. Which, BTW, work great in Chili.

If I need to get an ale, I'm somewhat forced to get a Sam Adams Boston Ale, since it's readily available and not as bitter or perfumed as everything else on the shelf. (Pretty much all the local ales are either IPA's or Honey Ales, which are almost sickeningly sweet).

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Czech beer is also good.
Yup. Inventors of Pilsener style and the nation with the highest beer per person consumption world wide. They know what they're doing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm

I'm not sure which is sadder, Blob offering an opinion on dating or that guys like him are SO FAR up their own ass that they won't acknowledge ANY difference between a biological woman and a transwoman.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm
I'm not sure which is sadder, Blob offering an opinion on dating or that guys like him are SO FAR up their own ass that they won't acknowledge ANY difference between a biological woman and a transwoman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-o1RVdnHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIDM6wqUiuM