Kojima the hack fraud

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Kojima the hack fraud

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 31, 2019 1:17 am

I actually wouldn't mind playing an MGSV that's actually fucking finished but doing so would require me to plug in my PS4 and that's just too much to ask
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri May 31, 2019 3:37 am

Man, still so disappointed that MGSV was neutered like it was. It didn't even need to be fucking open world. That alone probably exploded the budget. I don't much like Kojima anymore, but I'll always love his work on MGS.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 31, 2019 3:46 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:17 am
I actually wouldn't mind playing an MGSV that's actually fucking finished but doing so would require me to plug in my PS4 and that's just too much to ask
Now now, let's not assume it's going to be finished before it's out.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:37 am
Man, still so disappointed that MGSV was neutered like it was. It didn't even need to be fucking open world. That alone probably exploded the budget. I don't much like Kojima anymore, but I'll always love his work on MGS.
I think what more exploded the budget was the use of licensed songs and Kiefer Sutherland. I mean, I know David Hayter's a massive prick and to be honest Sutherland's limited performance was better than Hayter's last three, but it would have been much cheaper and easier just to keep him rather than going for the small amount of celebrity stunt casting.
But here Kojimbo's gone whole hog with muh celebrities so apparently he's learned nothing.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 31, 2019 5:50 am

What was even the last good game Kojima made? Kojima more like No-Game-a amirite.

MGSV was fucked over in a number of ways. They spent too much money on name voice actors they didn't need, its focus was pulled in retarded directions, Konami kept trying to directly fuck over Kojima and the game removed itself from the MGS formula.

"Oh but MGS doesn't have a formula because every game is unique dood." -Retarded Metal Gear Spergelord

It did though. The formula was stealth in linear or semi-linear environments, with multiple paths to progression (sometimes) and a very heavy focus on narrative and world-building. MGS didn't support an open world at all, like Keith said. Open worlds have way too much empty space with nothing in it, which is the DEATH of a series like MGS that thrived on environmental interactivity. It doesn't take long at all in MGSV for every mission to feel identical and all the interactions you can have with the environment are pretty obvious. The base building is a shitty waste of time and Fulton replaces most of the cool shit from MGS3, like capturing animals to eat.

Sutherland wasn't much better than Hayter. He hardly spoke and his role as Snake was extremely understated. Hayter wasn't a genius VA, but he was iconic and always good for memes. As much as the Wesker voice actor is a real-life cuck, I wouldn't want Capcom to fire him and hire Samuel Jackson or some shit, just to court Hollywood. But the decision to waste money on big name actors was probably Kojima's, and is a good example of why he's kind of an idiot who fucks up his own franchise sometimes.

The gameplay of MGSV is fine, or maybe I should say the system? The gunplay and controls are very nice. I could see someone stapling those systems to a total conversion mod with actual fucking content in it and coming up with a good game. But that's really all MGSV is: a pretty, well-controlling engine set on an empty sandbox.

Konami fucking with the game definitely didn't help, but the story was so dismal that I wonder if Kojima could have made a good game even if he'd been given everything he asked for and as much time as he wanted. All the elements in MGSV that were clearly put in by Kojima (Quiet, Huey) are fucking AWFUL.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 31, 2019 6:17 am

Kojima started fucking up with MGS2. Look at all the fancy shit in the Tanker level, the detail of stuff. All never to be seen again and he wanted it much more complicated as well. The guy's a dreamer that will spend too much time and money on stuff that's easy to think up but hard to implement.
MGS3 was great. It had to be or his ass was grass both from the player base side and from Konami. The guy needs extreme pressure to act right and he needs it right from the fucking start.
He got free reign on 4 and especially the story side was a mess, too many locations that serve no real purpose, too little actual MGS gameplay replaced by stupid set pieces.
5, yet again, was too ambitious to it's detriment. From what I've seen of the story I'm not sure he had a clear idea on what to really do with it.

The dude's done goofed too much. He's the kinda guy that needs to get his ass kicked and treated like a slave all the time to make something great. Konami was fed up and would likely still have been fed up hadn't they decided to go for pachincos.
PT looked good and could've been a cheap but iconic game to make. Konami shouldn't have cancelled it because I believe it would've become a cult classic and a true cash cow. But firing Kojima was somewhat overdue. Really, the timing was just bad.

Now he's doing some gay shit with the Pedowood actors who's dicks he'd love to suck and it's looking like an absolute trash fire. He reminds me a lot of Chris Roberts.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 31, 2019 6:55 am

Snake Eater was Kojima's Empire Strikes Back or A New Hope. It was that one bright spot in his career that showed he wasn't a hackfraud and he was capable of making something good. But every project that's worth anything is a product of teamwork and I'm sure MGS3 was no different.

MGS2 reminds me a lot of MGSV. Technologically, it was a massive breakthrough. In terms of visuals and audio, it pioneered a lot of the sounds we associated with MGS and even some of the (shitty) ideas. The gameplay was a straight evolution of concepts from MGS1 and I believe guards had their AI upgraded quite a bit. But for all that, it still looks and feels downright sloppy compared to MGS3. The only flaw I can think of with MGS3 that isn't related to ps2 technology is the camo system. MGS2 has many flaws all throughout, not least of which was a boring and shitty protagonist who didn't become interesting until Platinum got ahold of him.
SpoilerShow
Jack isn't bad in MGS2 because he's not Snake. He's bad because he's a whiny little bitch who gets codex-cucked constantly.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2019 3:19 pm

The Boss had big luscious titties for a middle-aged broad, but damn why would anyone go to war to fulfill her gay-ass vision of a united world? Did Zero even know her? Her blowjobs must have been epic.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 31, 2019 3:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:19 pm
Did Zero even know her?
Did you actually play the game? It's in the first fucking radio call
phpBB [video]
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Forgive me for not remembering the fucking lore of that cinema-filled game I played once 13 years ago. Do you dispute her titties, too? Her big luscious titties?