Anyone seen Jim Carrey's shit art?

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard

Re: Anyone seen Jim Carrey's shit art?

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2019 12:45 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:43 am
That's the tragedy of Hitler, he really was a good artist. If only someone had told him that you don't need art school to be a professional painter
Art school in Germany in the '20s? They would have had him painting deformed cocks. (Art school in modern day, too.)

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am

Art schools are fucking useless. Graduating art school doesn't mean you can draw and most professional art jobs are more concerned, funnily enough, with whether you can actually draw as opposed to whether or not you went to a school. Case in point, Brian Michael Bendis went to art school and his art fucking sucks. Meanwhile guys like Bruce Timm never had any formal art training and he knows more about art and design than most of the CalArts graduates who work at Warners now.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am

I took up drawing recently and I've seen more than one art book that flat out warns you not to go to art school because they are hostile to drawing actual things like people and only want you to do abstract political shit. It's been going on for a long time too. Pretty much any pro artist who specializes in drawing realistically gets trashed by critics. Thomas Kinkade is their Hitler.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 31, 2019 3:58 am

Guest wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 am
It's ridiculous that people really believe his art sucks without actually seeing it. You would think he painted stick figures or something from the way all the cool leftists trash it.
They use the "art school denied him" thing for that. I've also heard people claim he had no grasp on geometry or proportions. Yet I've yet to see a painting by Hitler that was bad.
I guess the agenda is always more important, even if it's something everyone can see with their own eyes being false.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 am

Guest wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am
they are hostile to drawing actual things like people and only want you to do abstract political shit.
Yeah no shit. The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel would get you a C+ while some feminist who stripped naked in the quad and had people line up to piss on her as an art project would get an A.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 31, 2019 4:00 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 am
Yeah no shit. The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel would get you a C+ while some feminist who stripped naked in the quad and had people line up to piss on her as an art project would get an A.
Too bad the degrees aren't worth jack shit. It'd be the easiest course to master. Just bring an empty toilet roll or something.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri May 31, 2019 4:19 am

The last time I listened to the Howard Stern Show (three years ago when I bought a new car and it had a trial Sirius/XM account loaded in it) he was going on about how much he likes to paint.

It seems to be one of the marks of a washed-up celebrity.

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2019 8:42 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:19 am
The last time I listened to the Howard Stern Show
You're really trying to out boomer Liar Revealed ain't-cha.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:58 am
Guest wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 am
It's ridiculous that people really believe his art sucks without actually seeing it. You would think he painted stick figures or something from the way all the cool leftists trash it.
They use the "art school denied him" thing for that. I've also heard people claim he had no grasp on geometry or proportions. Yet I've yet to see a painting by Hitler that was bad.
The one meme painting with the house had some funky looking window panes, but it's not like it was shit. Like if you really wanted to be an asshole that's an A- at worst.

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2019 8:42 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
That's the tragedy of Hitler, he really was a good artist.
I thought the tragedy of Hitler was that he lost.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri May 31, 2019 10:23 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
That's the tragedy of Hitler, he really was a good artist. If only someone had told him that you don't need art school to be a professional painter
I heard the problem they had with him is that he was bad at drawing people and that they told him to be an architect because his paintings of buildings were good. They didn't completely trash him since they knew he had some talent at drawing buildings but he wasn't good at conveying emotion at all.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.