34%

Total votes: 653

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Boogie1488: The Fats of our Lives

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed May 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm
Help me out here. How realistic is it for somebody to join the army, go through training, serve in Desert Storm and then AFTER all that die at a base at 18yrs of age? Can you join the military when you're 17 or something?
I mean all that shit takes some time so I find it pretty unrealistic to get sent to the front at barely 18. Desert Storm wasn't exactly a "holy shit send whoever we have because we're running out of soldiers" kinda war.
Solid Snake went there at 18

Thinking about it, I suppose that answers your question
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed May 29, 2019 9:39 pm

Master chief was like 10 when he went out in combat.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm
Help me out here. How realistic is it for somebody to join the army, go through training, serve in Desert Storm and then AFTER all that die at a base at 18yrs of age? Can you join the military when you're 17 or something?
I mean all that shit takes some time so I find it pretty unrealistic to get sent to the front at barely 18. Desert Storm wasn't exactly a "holy shit send whoever we have because we're running out of soldiers" kinda war.
As far as I can tell you'd have to, quite literally, enlist the day after your 18th birthday, finish basic, and then immediately be deployed and return home before the year was up and then have the accident between returning home and your 19th birthday.

It's technically possible but it's not, at all, realistic.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 pm

You can enlist at 17 with parental consent.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 29, 2019 10:07 pm

It still sounds like some made up bullshit right from the start. I can't imagine there being too many soldiers that young in Desert Storm. Vietnam maybe, WWII certainly, Korea possibly. Desert Oil Ignition world tour? Sounds made up.
"Alright, boy! You finished High School, time to send you to war!" sounds goofy even by burger standards.
Pepsi Man wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 pm
As far as I can tell you'd have to, quite literally, enlist the day after your 18th birthday, finish basic, and then immediately be deployed and return home before the year was up and then have the accident between returning home and your 19th birthday.

It's technically possible but it's not, at all, realistic.
See, that's what I though. I don't know how the USA handle it but here a few months go by before you're even considered a soldier and even then it's very unlikely you get deployed anywhere, not even dumbass baby sitting guard duty shit like squatting the Kosovo border to stop drunk Slavs from killing each other.
Usually it's shit like "Alright, you're through basic training, now we'll put you through additional training for your specific role" and shit. Some 18yr old just through basic training is more of a liability on the front than a helping hand. It's not like it's 1944 and you throw just whatever at the eastern front that can hold a rifle the correct way around.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:07 pm
It still sounds like some made up bullshit right from the start. I can't imagine there being too many soldiers that young in Desert Storm. Vietnam maybe, WWII certainly, Korea possibly. Desert Oil Ignition world tour? Sounds made up.
"Alright, boy! You finished High School, time to send you to war!" sounds goofy even by burger standards.
The going to the Gulf War at the age of 18 wasn't the made up part. Him dying a few months later and being dead for 25 years and Booger always remembering him was the made up part.

I'll admit that I don't know shit about Desert Storm. But I did watch that movie Jarhead and, based on that movie, the soldiers didn't really get to do anything before the Gulf War was over anyway.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm

Yeah I'm just saying it sounds stupid just from the tweet alone. He didn't even die in battle in his made up story.
*dude gets run over by a humvee in the base*
"NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU FIGHT FOR!!! I SALUTE YOU!!!"
What a melodramatic shit. But that's to be expected from a fucker that thinks he's in active battle for the future of the USA while tweeting from his spring-loaded shitter.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 pm

He just tries way too hard to make his fans believe that he can actually care about other people.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm
his spring-loaded shitter.
his what?!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 30, 2019 3:43 pm

You can legit buy super-sturdy toilets that help their landwhale owner get up again with a spring-loaded catapult. Boogie has one of those afaik.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette