What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:26 am
One massive gripe: There is no Lucerne hammer! What the fuck, devs?
Gary Gygax is probably rolling in his grave right now. Do they at least have the Glaive-Guisarme?

(And the omission of the Lucerne Hammer is extra sad since there's already a dearth of warhammers in vidja that don't look like anvils on a stick.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 27, 2019 4:48 pm

It's so shocking because there's one in Chivalry. It behaved the same as a halberd but caused blunt damage instead. Nothing felt as satisfying as cracking heads with a well-placed overhead swing.
In Mordhau there is no differentiation between blunt, piercing and cutting damage. Instead, blunt weapons stop their swing when they hit someone, making them a bit more safe to use in a big crowd of allies but worse against multiple enemies.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon May 27, 2019 10:56 pm

I thought blunt was better against heavy armor? Hence why they gave swords the option to Mordhau in the first place.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 28, 2019 2:30 am

I've improved drastically in Trials. I'm in the top 15% overal in Rising and just to make sure I went back to Fusion and sure enough, despite different physics, I've gotten much better overall.
mad bum wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:56 pm
I thought blunt was better against heavy armor? Hence why they gave swords the option to Mordhau in the first place.
That's actually not the case, funnily enough. What you get from it is having hit stop. With stuff like a Zweihänder you get faster swinging speed for less damage. I'm not very happy with that decision.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue May 28, 2019 6:41 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm
(And the omission of the Lucerne Hammer is extra sad since there's already a dearth of warhammers in vidja that don't look like anvils on a stick.)
You can blame Warhammer for that.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 am

A lot of games don't do concussive damage well. Hell, most games don't have any kind of system at all for blunt vs sharp damage and soft vs rigid vs metallic armored surfaces. It would be pretty cool if they did though.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue May 28, 2019 11:35 am

Finally finished Furi. It took me about 8 hours including all the failures but never got bored. Overall, 11/10 must play. Probably the best action oriented game I've ever played.

I'm not sure what's next. I download the recent version of CDDA but seems quite buggy because the number of contributors massively increased for some reason thus bugfixes can't catch up. Maybe I go for another katana game (Zero Katana) or games on my massive backlog instead.

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:58 am
I wish consoles had some decent roguelikes on them. All the shit the consoles tout as "roguelike" are rogueLITES and mostly garbage ones.

I prefer playing on console because it's more comfy for a lazy faggot like me. It'd be awesome if a game like ToME got released for consoles. About the only way to play a console roguelike is to run Powder on homebrew. I've been in the mood for a nice roguelike but there aren't any outside of PC. Except Shiren which I've already played and which doesn't have classes in it or character building really.
I think ToME is quite playable with a controller, that game doesn't have that many keys. I even know some people who play CDDA of all the games with a controller, you just need a long cable/wireless connector. Btw CDDA handles blunt damages quite well
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:41 am
You can blame Warhammer for that.
I'd rather blame Blizzard and many other talentless hack writers who eagerly slurped up every bit of semen dripping off of the Warhammer's mighty shaft.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue May 28, 2019 10:58 pm

Guess who got Warcraft 1-2 off GoG? :D I had to download two add-ons just to make the first game control like an actual RTS.... Holy fuck it's old.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 pm

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]