Rank the Internet Nobody Cinematic Universe

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Rank the Internet Nobody Cinematic Universe

Post by Poonoo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:25 am

Rushy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:28 pm
The IN movies seem to have mostly died out these days, thank God, but somehow, they still managed to be outdo the 2010s Universal Monsters franchise. So here's my thoughts on them, from worst to best. Haven't seen the Ashens film yet, will probably check it when the Polybius one comes out.

#5. Suburban Knights - Literally all I remember from this one is a bunch of cosplayers wandering around a forest with that ugly digital tint over the whole thing. Oh, and "I will eat your peaness!!" I can't imagine even fans of these Youtubers getting something out of this one.

#4. AT4W: The Movie - Knowing that this was a vanity project, I still couldn't have anticipated Linkara attempting to redo To Boldly Flee with zero self-awareness, and give Marzgurl dramatic monologues and shit. This one has that Room-style "omg he was taking it seriously" cringe, and you can get a few chuckles out of that. Bonus points for Nash, who manages to be legit funny a couple of times by being the only normie in the group.

#3. Kickassia - The only one that seems to remotely succeed at what these anniversary celebrations were said to be - just bringing these personalities together for laughs. The laughs part is subjective, of course, but here they actually use the running gags from their own videos as opposed to them trying to just ape other movies, and the premise involving them all managing the real life micronation wasn't a terrible idea - it's not something you'd immediately think of, the fact that Molossia actually exists is mildly amusing and it provides a reason for there being so many celebs around aside from "they're part of Channel Awesome".

#2. To Boldly Flee - Borders on being watchable due to the improved production quality and the occasional funny joke. Not much else to say really, it just wasn't as painful for me to watch as the previous two.

#1. AVGN: The Movie - Mediocre, but the only legitimate film of the bunch. The cinematography isn't half bad(although Rolfe's attempt at duplicating cheesy special effects really hurts the credibility of the production) and neither is the basic story. The film really only has two problems. One's a lack of restraint - it feels less like a coherent story and more like James desperately trying to cram everything he would ever want to see in a movie into this even if it has no reason to be here. And the second is that without any of the recognisable AVGN alumni, it doesn't really feel like a Cinemassacre production. I know Matei and Kyle Justin probably didn't want to be in this, but they could've gotten somebody else in a Bugs Bunny costume or something, just to tie it in with the series a bit more. As it is, it's almost like watching some kind of alternate reality AVGN.
I haven't seen the AVGN movie but To Boldly Flee is the fucking worst. Linkara's was fucking hilarious unintentionally like his early Lightbringer comics and the TGWTG movies got worse with each iteration. To Boldly Flee just fucking dragged, I only watched that crap to edit a Half in the Bag to make it look like they reviewed it but fuck me that was torturous shit. Doge got real pretentious with that one and took it way too seriously, at least with Kickassia you can tell they were having fun making it despite it being shit as well.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 am

I still haven't brought myself to watching the At4W movie, except for a few clips.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat May 18, 2019 2:28 am

Never watched it because the trailer was terrible. Its worse than I thought. What a fuckload of shit :lol:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 am

It's really more than >Muh sexism it's just a boring fucking movie that won't shut up.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat May 18, 2019 6:06 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 am
It's really more than >Muh sexism it's just a boring fucking movie that won't shut up.
"Brevity is the soul of win." - some retarded asshole who knew nothing.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat May 18, 2019 4:53 pm

I've never seen the AVGN movie. I've also never heard a single good thing about it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 18, 2019 5:03 pm

It is more diverse than the regular show.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat May 18, 2019 6:11 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 am
I still haven't brought myself to watching the At4W movie, except for a few clips.
You mean you haven't sat through Marzgurl's Shakespearean monologue?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 pm

-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat May 18, 2019 8:15 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 pm
oh yea, it gets proper melodramatic. Lewis specifically gives Marzgurl the "meatiest" parts of the script because he seems to think she's a phenomenal actress(she is the worst out of all of them).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.