Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm
Apparently the Picard series is taking place in an alternate timeline where TNG might not have even happened. I can't yawn loud enough.
Are you really that stupid? They mentioned it takes place after Nemesis and after Romulus's destruction caused the Kelvin timeline reboot. But it's not *in* the alternate timeline itself.
Dammit Rushy, we've already been over this you studio stooge. Look up "The Prime Deception" on youtube. It's still not the original timeline, it's the "Prime" timeline. It has to be at least 25% different, by contract. STD is part of the "Prime" timeline too, and we all know what a piece of bullshit that is.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Rushy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm
Apparently the Picard series is taking place in an alternate timeline where TNG might not have even happened. I can't yawn loud enough.
Are you really that stupid? They mentioned it takes place after Nemesis and after Romulus's destruction caused the Kelvin timeline reboot. But it's not *in* the alternate timeline itself.
Dammit Rushy, we've already been over this you studio stooge. Look up "The Prime Deception" on youtube. It's still not the original timeline, it's the "Prime" timeline. It has to be at least 25% different, by contract. STD is part of the "Prime" timeline too, and we all know what a piece of bullshit that is.
Who gives a fuck about Discovery? The Picard show's a TNG sequel, and no shit it'll be "25% different", whatever the hell that means, when it is set two decades after the old show. Patrick Stewart's calling the shots on this one and it has a mighty decent chance of being good.
25% different, for fuck's sake
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 pm

25% different, I have never heard such glorious bullshit in my entire life. How the fuck do you even quantify "Star Trek-age"?
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Noah fucking Antwiler's entire Twitter catalog is not as dumb as "25% different"
Kugelfisch wrote:

A BIG KAWK

Post by A BIG KAWK » Wed May 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Most recent news about the show is it's Logan In Space, and if TNG happened in this timeline it'll be vastly different from the TNG we saw on television. Goddamn, Rushy.

Also, Stewart's elderly as fuck. His decision making is already in question thanks to him turning Insurrection into a gay showtune-filled PG adventure with hippies. It's even worse now. He's John Williams drooling all over himself.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 pm

No, y'all lost me at "25% different". Don't try to pretend this is a serious argument anymore. Guestposters are dead to me.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu May 16, 2019 12:15 am

lmao, was randomly browsing on Wikipedia and fans have scribbled on Daenerys Targaryen's official page
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 am

Rushy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:33 pm
The Picard show's a TNG sequel
It legit isn't. It's contractually forbidden to be one. Yes, it's fucking retarded to write into a contract something vague as "25% different" and nobody is disputing that that's stupid. But that is the way it is, they will have to change stuff and it'll neither be actual Picard (including backstory) nor will it be canon.
There is no such thing as a canon Trek after Enterprise. It's basically fanfiction.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 am

TV shows aren't real.
If nu-TNG was "actually" canon it would still suck ass.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 16, 2019 1:13 am

Guest wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 am
TV shows aren't real.
If nu-TNG was "actually" canon it would still suck ass.
While true, at least I get to not only ignore it but also tell the soy pigs that'll like it that it's as invalid as their opinions.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!