Wikipedia and Wikia

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:09 pm
Pouring your kokoro into a wikia was your first mistake. Those places attract power-hungry assholes like shit attracts flies.
Seeing how I'm totally fucked on that wiki now, I'll post the links to the sperging if any of you guys think it would be lulzworthy. There was no reasoning at all with the SJW and I did kind of lose my cool at one point. But all he can do now is permanently ban me, and I don't intend on contributing to that wiki ever again anyways.
お前はもう死んでいる。

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 pm
Seeing how I'm totally fucked on that wiki now, I'll post the links to the sperging if any of you guys think it would be lulzworthy. There was no reasoning at all with the SJW and I did kind of lose my cool at one point. But all he can do now is permanently ban me, and I don't intend on contributing to that wiki ever again anyways.
I wanna see. This nutjob sounds hilarious.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Ok, this is embarrassing showing myself in a sperg war over an anime. I hope you can get some enjoyment out of this, at least when he pulls the SJW cards.

Immediately after he got admin power, these mass deletions started the fight can be seen here:
https://kinnikuman.fandom.com/wiki/Spec ... nth=&year=
(He's since undeleted some of these, only these because he had a spotlight on him when other editors complained their pages were gone.) Any page that I started is staying deleted.

The thing that triggered him was me contacting that Sysop instead of kissing his ass.
https://kinnikuman.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:6831
https://kinnikuman.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:6926
https://kinnikuman.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:6996
https://kinnikuman.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:7006
https://kinnikuman.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:7206

The killer when dealing with Wikipedia/Wikia is the confusing mess of bureaucracy, endless and contradictory mess of rules, and tenacious spergs with literally no life that spend every waking hour on these wikis editoing and memorizing all the rules they can use against you. (Like on Twitter.)
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Edit: I'm not even joking. That may really be Game Dude. Alex is a suspicious name in that context.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:12 pm
Ok, this is embarrassing showing myself in a sperg war over an anime.
I don't really care. What I do care about is how and why this guy got admin status to lord over the wiki and why you don't. Did the dude just come out of the blue or was he active before? Why didn't you go for the admin status if they were up for grabs and care so much?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Kinnikumanm is for fags. Nobody watched Ultimate Muscle.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 11, 2019 11:04 pm

The only worthwhile wikias are those Pretty Cure OC ones were people write articles about their OC season like it's a real thing. It's like Candle Cove with moe.
BlueberryRagamuffin wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm
Some guy slithered his way into becoming an admin on the Silent Hill wiki, then started adding a bunch of theories about how the games are an allegory for circumcision. He was just completely shoehorning in his anti-circumcision screeds to every article he could.
If all you have is a hammer...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 pm
I don't really care. What I do care about is how and why this guy got admin status to lord over the wiki and why you don't. Did the dude just come out of the blue or was he active before? Why didn't you go for the admin status if they were up for grabs and care so much?
  • He just came out of the blue AFAIK. But it's possible he was active under a different name.
  • He contacted Wikia outside of my wiki on a different one to get bureaucrat/admin status, in a place where I would never see the discussion. (He later goes berserk on me when I later do the same thing.)
  • I already had "admin" status for 10 years, but apparently I never had "bureaucrat" status. I never knew. Bureaucrats are like admins, but can also add or ban other admins. The Wikia employee admits in these "discussions" that this was a mistake that I didn't have it and I should have had it all along. But all the employee did for me was ask the faggot nicely to give it to me, which he refused.
  • After I triggered him for not "respectin' muh authoritah", he obsessively went through everything I've ever posted on the wiki to find "problematic" speech to take out of context and portray me as a racist/homophobe in an excuse to get rid of me. (The guy claims he's a IRL faggot and IS OFFENDED!.)
So anyways, my advice to anyone is not to use these wikis. You work for free making content for these companies and get nothing out of it in return. Nobody running the site has any common sense. There are too many Wikis and too few paid employees, so nobody really cares about the users.
Guest wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 pm
Kinnikumanm is for fags. Nobody watched Ultimate Muscle.
Well, the new admin of the site is an actual fag. I hope you are happy.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat May 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 pm
So anyways, my advice to anyone is not to use these wikis. You work for free making content for these companies and get nothing out of it in return.
Isn't that every website with user generated content?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 pm
  • I already had "admin" status for 10 years, but apparently I never had "bureaucrat" status. I never knew. Bureaucrats are like admins, but can also add or ban other admins. The Wikia employee admits in these "discussions" that this was a mistake that I didn't have it and I should have had it all along. But all the employee did for me was ask the faggot nicely to give it to me, which he refused.
Rough. How's his mass deleting spree not considered vandalism? If you give somebody power and they start deleting tons and tons of shit, that's usually a sign they should have that power taken away immediately.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!