What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Friendly reminder that Bioware is a Cucknadian company. They never had a chance.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri May 03, 2019 8:55 pm

I've only seen the original Advent Children but I didn't hate it. The CG was nice for the time and some of the fights were enjoyable. It's not like the source game was some masterpiece of something. Fuck Aeris.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 am

The fights only got worse for me with time. It's flashy shounenshit of the shallowest kind. It's style over substance, and all participants are trying to out-cool each other instead of actually fighting. Cloud is so casually batting aside bullets during high-speed chases that he fails to look like he's in actual danger. 98% of the time nobody gets actually hurt, let alone visibly.
I've seen shoujoshit with better fights. Princess fucking Tutu had more dramatic bouts.

Also this semi-realistic style they're going for with their FMVs always looks a bit off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 pm

I realized a pattern. Old bioware and Troika/Blackile both had literally gay faggot developers and they both never glorified faggotry or cuckholdly. It's bizarre you have to be gay to create non-gay stuff.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:15 pm
I assume that the blokes from Classic Bioware fell victim to a SocJus Wormtongue inviting his friends to the party.
AFAIK, they actually stopped using SJW writer(s?) but it was far too late no one (at least no hardcore rpg fans) take them seriously anymore and the NWN1 reboot totally failed even though NWN1 is the second best game of old Bioware sales wise. Damage is done.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 06, 2019 3:12 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 pm
It's bizarre you have to be gay to create non-gay stuff.
Nah, it's the times.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon May 06, 2019 3:49 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 pm
I realized a pattern. Old bioware and Troika/Blackile both had literally gay faggot developers and they both never glorified faggotry or cuckholdly. It's bizarre you have to be gay to create non-gay stuff.
Fags used to have to be good at something to justify their existence. Coincidentally normal people also used to have to be good at something to justify their existence. Really makes you think.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Thankfully, we have a species have moved beyond this exclusive doctrine.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri May 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Free games but only limited time and quantity

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2521 ... _By_Sheep/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2821 ... s_Fantasy/

what I'm playin:
(Don't ask me if it's good, I'm a newbie to this genre) :lol:

mistermott

Post by mistermott » Sat May 11, 2019 1:04 am

Bomber Crew, think Faster then Light but World War II.

it's quite fun when you finally get the hang on it but I hate that when you lose all engines or run out of fuel your Lancaster will drop like it has bricks for wings. Gonna fly the B-17 in the American DLC when I finish with the main game.

it's quite fun naming the crew after friends and drawing whatever you want on the plane. my first called "Hitler's Laundry Service" didn't exactly make it out very far. Luckly "Tin Man" is holding together for now.

Might consider Faster then Light next, I seem to be on a Rogue Play where you name your crew kinda games lately.

otherwise it's been Splatoon 2 and Stardew Valley. Might Consider a Hat in Time cause I've heard good things about that one.
There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am

I'm playing bad games because I hate myself.

No but seriously, all this talk of dragon gays made me want to go back and check it out to see if I missed anything. Never played all that much of Origins tbh. The difficulty on origins is completely fucked btw. Not just that it's too hard, but that there are spikes fucking everywhere. Once the tutorial is done, and you finish recruiting Leliana and Sten, the difficulty shoots way the fuck up. Also, the first mage you get is not a fucking healer. She can learn heal but she doesn't start with it IIRC and has no other healing skills. So it's very likely that the first battles you get into after leaving the refugee town will be super fucking hard and wipe your party over and over.

The order of the recruiting missions is difficulty spiked to hell too. Brecilian forests were easy as fuck, and the Arl Eamon stuff wasn't too bad either. But the circle tower is fucking bullshit. And the game has a very unkind set of ambushes all throughout, where you are forced via cutscene into being surrounded in small arenas you can't leave or reposition from. Even if you see the attack coming, you can't do anything about it.

I understand a lot more of the systems now than I did the previous times I played it, and I still think Origins has abysmal balancing. The hard stuff should be spread into the back half of the game, rather than showing up randomly to insta-wipe your party over and over. 4 tactics slots aren't nearly enough for characters like mages and it's bullshit you have to level to get more. The combat itself is buggy too and it's not uncommon for the character you are controlling to bug out and start running around randomly when you just want to attack the enemy next to you. Pathing on the character you control is shit.
SpoilerShow
In my controversial opinion, I think dragon age 2 is probably a better game than origins because it plays better.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome