What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm

The worst part about Octopath is that it makes me think of a sequel to Octodad.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Octomom traveler.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am

Deus Ex Mankind Divided seems gay as fuck so far. Gameplay is mostly fine but the story is woke trash. I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw the "augs" separate but equal lines for airport security. It's also not shocking at all that your contact in the pro-aug movement is a perky black girl with annoying hair. Guess it would have gone against narrative if the poor oppressed augs weren't also racial minorities.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:20 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am
Deus Ex Mankind Divided seems gay as fuck so far. Gameplay is mostly fine but the story is woke trash.
That's odd. I could've sworn RazorFist said that the story was a near-masterpiece or something...

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:20 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Deus Ex Mankind Divided seems gay as fuck so far. Gameplay is mostly fine but the story is woke trash.
That's odd. I could've sworn RazorFist said that the story was a near-masterpiece or something...
>razorfist

Well there's your problem, right there.

No but seriously, the gameplay seems fine even if the interface is less pleasing than Human Revolution. But the story looks like shit so far and I bet it's going to get even stupider.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:08 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Deus Ex Mankind Divided seems gay as fuck so far.
>Dude Sex: Buttcheeks Divided seems gay
I'm so shocked I dropped my monocle.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 pm

I think cybernetics are about the most stupid allegory for muh apartheid. It's not a privilege because everyone can get them, and the whole deal reeks of ableism. You think some armless guy's gonna take your job because he now has robo-arms? Or do you think he chooped them off himself or something?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:36 pm

I don't understand why or how they think they can make the augmented person thing = underprivileged.

It's literally a case of "you buy superiority" and they've found a way to spin that as muh poor underprivileged augs facing discrimination. Usually in cyberpunk, the whole privileged/underprivileged thing works the opposite way, and it's the normals who are underprivileged because they aren't supermen.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:20 am

I could never understand the "technology makes us superior" argument because you actual have to leave the planes of science to justify it and then it just becomes the good old natural vs unnatural argument which ironically is much closer to religion than science. This is actually one of the few cases where idealism can become dangerous and delusional rather than helpful.

Technology is only as good as the conditions allow it. If you settle on a planet of creatures who love eating nothing but metal trash, good luck pal :lol:

Aren't there like some books out there where it's written that a guy with his plasma cannon underestimates low IQ cavemen because they overwhelm him in numbers or something like that?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:39 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 am
That game's coming to PC and nintendie fans are collectively losing their minds over the prospect because MUH EXCLUSIVE GAYMES.
They tried to add complexity to the turn based combat system but all it really does is add boring busy work on top.