"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ban

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Apparently the guy who was the showrunner for Adventure Time called all his friends and they made the first season and it was really cheap and since everybody wtched it, it turned a profit but not before the board of directors saw what the new show they greenlit was and the guy had to fire most of his friends / staff and hire new guys. Then, since the first season gained a lot of tumblr fans, the guy held a "contest" with his remaining friends to get hapless tumblr nutjobs to work for peanuts on the studio and make essentially the rest of the Adventure Time seasons. If it sound familiar, it's what Rebecca Jewgar did with SU at one point and explains why the characters constantly look off model and why each and every calarts cartoon has the exact same artstyle, adventure time was their inspiration on more than just art. It was also their inspiration for their work ethic.

It should be noted that these haven't been fully confirmed but they seem to close to reality, given how each and every new big "sensation" suddenly spawns new cartoons of the exact same putrid quality where the creator of these new cartoons either was a major contributor or even a big part of said sensation, like the black goyfriend of Jewgar making OKKO or whatever his show was called. And the ball keeps rolling.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:23 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:19 pm
it turned a profit but not before the board of directors saw what the new show they greenlit was and the guy had to fire most of his friends / staff
Why? Because it looks like shit?

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Yeah, when the producers saw that putrid shit, they were appaled and scared it would be a disaster big nough to close CN but shut up the moment cash started rolling in and the disproportionate amount of profit over cost just made them indifferent to the whole thing.
He warned youShow

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:52 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:37 pm
Yeah, when the producers saw that putrid shit, they were appaled and scared it would be a disaster big nough to close CN but shut up the moment cash started rolling in and the disproportionate amount of profit over cost just made them indifferent to the whole thing.
That’s a shame. I actually liked early Adventure Tie but the series just lost me after a while, now I know that when I felt it got way too tumblr I was dead on the money. OKKO is freaking garbage, it had some potential but quickly fell into the trappings of the clique.

I wonder how many potential new show runners can’t get a series on CN because they’re not part of the clique.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:58 pm

If I had to guess, not really that many because people don't look into going to Disney or Cn for a fullfilling job as an animator, showrunner or anything of the sort. If you don't believe me, check what happened with Dreamworks starting their own cartoons and making WOKE-tron and later yaoi She-ra.

California needs to be extinguished in the primordial flames. From tech, to vidya, to comics and even cartoons as it turns out, it's this interconnect, inbread sludge pile of worthless hackfucks with no morals and high autism that infect everything they touch. And while I doubt it's true, I'd laugh if the stories about them giving STDs to each other due to poor hygene(part of the autism repertoire really).
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:29 am

I won't say I liked adventure time, but it was silly and stupid in a fun way in the first season or so. Similar to rick and morty in that way. The kind of show that might make you go, "heh heh" from one of its stupid jokes. Regular Show had a moment or two like that as well. If you look at the early pilots for regular show, it was pretty obviously aimed to be a stoner comedy thing for huge loser stoners.

But anyway, the moral of the story is good cartoons don't exist. Except maybe the bruce timm animated shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:23 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:29 am
But anyway, the moral of the story is good cartoons don't exist. Except maybe the bruce timm animated shit.
And M.D. Geist.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 pm

So what shit is CN cranking out now that Steven Trooniverse is dead?
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 pm
So what shit is CN cranking out now that Steven Trooniverse is dead?
Trash that isn't notable.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:12 pm

It's never too late for that Gen Zed cartoon to actually happen.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette