What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Pen Pal

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Pen Pal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm

According to the Mega Man Wiki, they changed dialogue with words relating to dying to be more kid-friendly.
https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_Ma ... Collection

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:39 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 pm
The Mega Man Zero games are fantastic.
Yup, they have a collection of all 4 on the DS, but they censored them somehow. I forget the details.
https://tcrf.net/Mega_Man_Zero_Collection
According to this the MMZ Collection just has all the censorship present in the original English GBA releases.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:39 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 pm
The Mega Man Zero games are fantastic.
Yup, they have a collection of all 4 on the DS, but they censored them somehow. I forget the details.
They also added an easy mode and IIRC called it the normal difficulty so as to ruse more idiots into picking it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 pm

They also removed hit enemies losing oil or some other liquid that looked a bit like blood.

Still a fucking fantastic series, with some of the most epic bosses in the entire franchise.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:25 pm
I've played the ANNO 1800 "open beta". Looks pretty good. Definitely one of the better ones and much better than the previous one, 2205. Some people dislike that it doesn't have any land military units but I've never cared for them anyway.
So that means I have to gleefully shoot the entire city to shit with my armada? Poor me.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:25 pm
I've played the ANNO 1800 "open beta". Looks pretty good. Definitely one of the better ones and much better than the previous one, 2205. Some people dislike that it doesn't have any land military units but I've never cared for them anyway.
So that means I have to gleefully shoot the entire city to shit with my armada? Poor me.
If you destroy their harbour they lose but harbours are armed with cannons and you can build dedicated harbour cannons for considerable fire power.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 am

I've really liked Anno 1404 and this is like an actual remaster, or spiritual successor. It takes the best parts of it and improves on the foundation. Playing the open beta with friends was a blast, I'm looking forward to play it today.

As for fighting, well, no shit. This isn't C&C, it's a building strategy. I never really cared about stuff like Sim City, or Cities Skylines, and I was too young to appreciate stuff like Pharaoh or Caesar 3 - these are nowdays a bit too old and janky for me, so this is the next best thing. Plays great, it's a treat to look at and you can play it with friends (if you have some) - and given how niche strategy games are nowdays, I'm really glad the series is still around, even after their future fuckups like Anno 2070 - some people like it, but I just can't get invested in the bland and generic future looking stuff.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Definitely play the Zero games, they’re a blast. The ZX series is cool too, my only gripe was the first one had a horrible map system for getting around.

I’m thinking about getting Yakuza Kiwami 2 soon, gotta shatter some arms to protect boss.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 am
I've really liked Anno 1404 and this is like an actual remaster, or spiritual successor. It takes the best parts of it and improves on the foundation. Playing the open beta with friends was a blast, I'm looking forward to play it today.
1702 and 1404 are my favourites so far. I do own 2070 but I don't think I've ever played it. I don't care much about the ground troops either. I almost never used them anyway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm

1702? There's only 1701 and 1602, you fake Annoboo.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 am
As for fighting, well, no shit. This isn't C&C, it's a building strategy. I never really cared about stuff like Sim City, or Cities Skylines, and I was too young to appreciate stuff like Pharaoh or Caesar 3 - these are nowdays a bit too old and janky for me, so this is the next best thing. Plays great, it's a treat to look at and you can play it with friends (if you have some) - and given how niche strategy games are nowdays, I'm really glad the series is still around, even after their future fuckups like Anno 2070 - some people like it, but I just can't get invested in the bland and generic future looking stuff.
Fuuuck, Caesar III was my jam. Even if later entries like Zeus and Pharaoh introduced niceties like roadblocks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm
1702? There's only 1701 and 1602, you fake Annoboo.
Yeah yeah, it always has to equal 9, I know. Give me a break. I'm a salesman and as such can't math for shit without a calculator. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!