Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm

That's why my favourite Bond film is Diamonds Are Forever
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm

That's only because you haven't seen Die Another Day yet.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:15 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm
That's only because you haven't seen Die Another Day yet.
I marathoned them all
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:36 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:19 pm
That's unexpected that out of all posters here, it's you who have patience to watch that film all through. :lol:
It wasn't the easiest watch. The beginning was testing my patience and started to piss me off. There's also lots of artsy fuckery going on.
I've watched the RLM re-view episode after it and I have to greatly disagree with Jay, the artfag fuckboy. "People say it's weird for weirdness sake, but that's not true!" Yes, it absolutely is. There's hay everywhere for no reason. His potted plant on the nightstand isn't potted but just sits there in a hill of earth. They all live in some industrial area, his wife around abandoned factories, he on a cargo train station, where clearly there aren't really any apartments. His "wedding ring" that comes by mail is an earthworm. The radiator lady looks completely fucked.
Very little makes sense. I get the theme but then it's a very shallow one and Lynch just went out of his way to make it live a fever dream and include as many weird things for no reason as possible.

It does have some quotable lines, though. There are great scenes but there are too few of them. The whole dinner at her parents is right at the beginning and the best the movie has to offer. "Tiny chicken, hideous creatures no larger than my fist! They're man-made, unnatural! But they're new." is great. So is "What do you do?" "I'm on vacation.". The awkwardness of the dinner is just right. I would've liked more like that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Lynch had a shitty daughter with clubbed feet, so he made a movies about a dude killing his deformed baby. Seems like a cool guy. That shitty daughter then made a handful of trash flicks that were production disasters. Good riddance.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Lynch is the ultimate one-trick pony, the JayJay of the 80s. OMG guise, it was all a dream! Oh, and here's a hot chick totally nude but her pubic hair is blurred on DVD because he thinks he's Japanese now!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 am

He's just copying from the best.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm

What in fuck is Unicorn Store? Is that a nickname for Brie Larson or is this an actual movie or something?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm
What in fuck is Unicorn Store? Is that a nickname for Brie Larson or is this an actual movie or something?
ITs her Nigflix movie that she directed and stars in.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm

It got shitty reviews, that's all I know. Brie Larson sucks.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.