Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:30 am
By that logic she can't pass the Turing Test
No woman can.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 pm

The Turing Test is really about the deep-rooted sexism in the world of computers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 pm
The Turing Test is really about the deep-rooted sexism in the world of computers.
The Turing Test fails the Bechdel Test.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:05 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:30 am
Also the whole goal is for NOT-Natalie Portman.EXE to escape using her AI. By that logic she can't pass the Turing Test since she doesn't deviate from her programming.
My AI must be malfunctioning because I could swear I just saw someone compare the Goddess Alicia Vikander to Natalie "the Hersh" Portman!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Natalie "Oy Vey" Portman.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:42 am

Eraserhead
I figured I'd finally watch it. Big "eh" for me. It's only about 85 minutes long but feels longer. There are some funny scenes, some mild horror scenes but there's a lot of bullshit. I did like some parts of it's atmosphere. Then again, the amount and volume of hissing and humming sounds is pretty annoying.
I don't quite know what to make of it. It's not shit and likely worth a watch but it's not good either. I guess the good scenes are just so memorable that it became a classic despite being boring and nonsensical for most of the runtime.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:42 am
Eraserhead
I figured I'd finally watch it. Big "eh" for me. It's only about 85 minutes long but feels longer. There are some funny scenes, some mild horror scenes but there's a lot of bullshit. I did like some parts of it's atmosphere. Then again, the amount and volume of hissing and humming sounds is pretty annoying.
I don't quite know what to make of it. It's not shit and likely worth a watch but it's not good either. I guess the good scenes are just so memorable that it became a classic despite being boring and nonsensical for most of the runtime.
That's unexpected that out of all posters here, it's you who have patience to watch that film all through. :lol: Lynch's surreal horror debut film with its longggg and slow scenes with barely any dialogue was nearly a bit too much even for me when I watched it ~10 years ago or something with the aid of mary jane, but in the end the experience paid off as that disturbing soundscape and visual imagery really eched in my memory. I should rewatch it, sober this time and maybe it speaks to me differently this time. :geek:
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm

I bought Eraserhead to watch like ages ago when Twin Peaks was airing and just never got around to it. Once Twin Peaks ended I just sort of lost my enthusiasm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm

I think we can all agree that Baron Harkonnen suffocating a slave boy whilst showering in oil is the highlight of Lynch's career
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm
I bought Eraserhead to watch like ages ago when Twin Peaks was airing and just never got around to it. Once Twin Peaks ended I just sort of lost my enthusiasm
If you remember the episode eight from the new TP, that's basically Eraserhead. A surreal Bunuelesque art film with the typical Lynch themes. You do need to be in a certain state of mind to watch it.
Rushy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm
I think we can all agree that Baron Harkonnen suffocating a slave boy whilst showering in oil is the highlight of Lynch's career
Most certainly not, but a great scene nonetheless. You have an absolute shit taste, but here and there you do show small signs of understanding the true kino.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.