The Anthem disaster

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Anthem disaster

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:33 am

Right, this shit... when I saw that on plebbit, I wasn't all that surprised that a lot of people defended the remaster, because a lot of people there are retarded autists that literally can't fucking see. There are some improvements (lighting inside looks nice), but most notably massive downgrades to the faces (you know, in a game with tons of cutcenes), which were supposed to be completely redone, my ass, the overall tone (turned winter into autumn or something) and the lighting and shadows outside seem to be fucked. The vegetation is missing some important shaders or something like that as well and looks notably worse. They also apparently removed some parts of the prologue - and you can't buy the original anymore.

Unnecessary and pathetic cashgrab that gives you less than before, what a value! You can tell Ubisoft is feeling good, because they start doing shit things again. And like I was saying with previous remasters, seeing how sloppily this was put together, it's obvious that people way over their heads worked on this and were given little time to do so as well.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:54 am

Asscreed 3 never needed a visual update in the first place. It looked perfectly fine. In fact, it looked so good that the same exact engine was used to make Asscreed 4 and Rogue, which most people liked.

I'm not surprised that they removed parts of the prologue for AC3, because honestly, young Connor was fucking intolerable. BUT, it was kind of important to get his backstory before the adult Connor shit happened, otherwise he's a blank slate you know nothing about.

The winter environment in the original was one of the best things about the game imo. It looks fantastic and feels totally fresh for the series.

I'm surprised anyone is defending this shit. I thought Ubishit had worn out their dickriders years ago with all the times they've fucked over fans. Fortunately, the original AC3 is still available to play on hard copy for about $3 from your local bargain bin or reseller. I believe it's buried in the game-playing thread, but I went through a bunch of AC games a year or two ago and concluded that AC3 and Rogue were my favorites. AC3 is VERY flawed, but adult Connor gameplay is/was the best in the franchise, imo. It has the best elements from AC2 and what would become AC4, but combat wasn't stripped the fuck down like AC4 and onwards were.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:57 am

I think that the same happened with the ezio collection remaster so not surprising for Ubisoft to keep the same level form laziness.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:27 pm

AC2 and Black Fag are the best, in my opinion. I don't understand why anyone would need the games remade when they are super cheap and don't look outdated.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:27 pm
I don't understand why anyone would need the games remade
I'm guessing nobody did. It was probably Ubisoft remaking shit just because it's cheap and easy to do. They're basically selling you a fucking mod as a new game, and it's not even a good mod since it looks worse than the original. It'd be one of those mods with 3 stars out of 5 on the steam workshop.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:23 pm

There just fucking shit up for the sake of fucking shit up. I bet the original last-gen graphics would work just fine at higher resolutions (with fancier textures I guess).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:46 pm

I am not against any reasonable remaster - mind you, reasonable, and for reasonable price, which should be 15-20 euros at best, not fucking 40. Older games aren't like older movies, where higher quality versions simply replace old muddy VHS etc., and sadly even a lot of stuff from 2005 and so on can be impossible to run on modern hardware without some old wrappers etc.

Unfortunately a lot of newer games either aren't moddable, or it's very difficult, so Assassin's Creed doesn't receive the same treatment as Max Payne for example, which I had to play (because it wouldn't run otherwise) with a mod that made it run flawlessly in widescreen and no issues.

With that being sad, the only thing you might want to remaster on a title 6 years old that still looks good at the very least are higher resolutions, better UI and textures. And that can be done for free, but of course why would they do it?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Now, let me tell you all about Ubisoft and remasters: Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Edition.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:34 pm

No thanks, I still have enough salt from that...

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:32 pm
Now, let me tell you all about Ubisoft and remasters: Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Edition.
Is that for real, or are you jo...

> HD Edition that includes the base game only
> aka none of the expansions
> when similar stuff like AoE2 HD not only came with everything, but actually added shit on top

JUST
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette