Vampire: The Masquerade 2 Goes Woke

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade 2 Goes Woke

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:30 am

>unabashed queerness

VTMB is one of my all-time favorite games and I thought I was dreaming when I saw the sequel advertised on Steam. Why is leftist rhetoric so dominant in the industry?
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:39 am

Soyboys, low entry requirements and a very young customer base.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:23 am

BlueberryRagamuffin wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:30 am
>unabashed queerness

VTMB is one of my all-time favorite games and I thought I was dreaming when I saw the sequel advertised on Steam. Why is leftist rhetoric so dominant in the industry?
I knew I loved you for a reason :lol:
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Why is leftist rhetoric so dominant in the industry?
Because it is the only rhetoric that social media will tolerate.
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:32 am
Yeah shit got messy after SR2. I love Blood Omen and the desolate future they presented in Soul Reaver, something about the already monstrous (as they should be) vampires devolving into horrible abominations and each clan having their own traits really spoke with me. Shame the only thing we’ve gotten out of the series has been a shitty MOBA game.
"The vampires have won, but then everything got FUBAR" is a neat concept for a vampire story, and I like how refreshing and at times unconventional the vampires are, what with their mutations (I especially love the shark and spider vampires) and their extreme weakness to simple H20.
Whereas most vampire fiction usually has some snarky vamprie go "ACTUAL LEE, crosses/garlic/sunlight doesn't work on us...", they went and hypercharged a somewhat obscure weakness to running water. Naturally, the one human settlement in Soul Reaver has water everywhere. It would've been fun seeing more stuff during that timeline, like say some human city build on an island having to suddenly deal with free-roaming sharkpires.

Also the soundtracks were fucking awesome.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:19 pm

How come this game, that I still need to play, didn't get a sequel? or maybe a remaster (Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption)

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:45 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Why is leftist rhetoric so dominant in the industry?
Because it is the only rhetoric that social media will tolerate.
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:32 am
Yeah shit got messy after SR2. I love Blood Omen and the desolate future they presented in Soul Reaver, something about the already monstrous (as they should be) vampires devolving into horrible abominations and each clan having their own traits really spoke with me. Shame the only thing we’ve gotten out of the series has been a shitty MOBA game.
"The vampires have won, but then everything got FUBAR" is a neat concept for a vampire story, and I like how refreshing and at times unconventional the vampires are, what with their mutations (I especially love the shark and spider vampires) and their extreme weakness to simple H20.
Whereas most vampire fiction usually has some snarky vamprie go "ACTUAL LEE, crosses/garlic/sunlight doesn't work on us...", they went and hypercharged a somewhat obscure weakness to running water. Naturally, the one human settlement in Soul Reaver has water everywhere. It would've been fun seeing more stuff during that timeline, like say some human city build on an island having to suddenly deal with free-roaming sharkpires.

Also the soundtracks were fucking awesome.
Damn dude you summarized it perfectly! As an enthusiast of mythology and folklore I am adamant about monsters having their traditional weaknesses, that snarky shit where writers just want vamps to be demi gods pisses me off. They’re horrific monsters, undead fiends that prey on humanity. They’re not supposed to be kryptonians for Christ sake.

Ah yeah the citadel, the design for that was so cool. Shame they couldn’t implement the cut content that was supposed to take place there. The entire realm of Nosgoth was so well thought out. The smoke stacks designed to plunge the land into eternal night, the dreary landscape, occasionally finding some poor human who’d fallen prey to vampires or a rare hunter.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:21 am

Credo in Deum wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:19 pm
How come this game, that I still need to play, didn't get a sequel? or maybe a remaster (Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption)
This game looks rad, I'm gonna have to grab it and play it later.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:58 am

That's the one were you play a vampire who starts in the Middle Ages and then works his way to Current Year, right? I always felt that had a bit more meat to it than Bloodline's "You're a vampire know, son. Have fun doing fetch quests for us."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:24 am

This screen shot just screams vtm

Dudes in trenchcoats with big fucking guns shooting the shit out of ghosts, that's the masq I love.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:55 am

Yeah Redemption is pretty fucking rad, although the AI for your party is retarded. The game get borderline impossible unless you start to use the Celerity/Protean combowombo and level them up asap. All the other skills vary from 'meh' to pretty much useless. The game has certainly got the mood right, including the dark ages segments.