Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 am

Rereleasing video games is surprisingly difficult to do without fucking up literally everything.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 am
Rereleasing video games is surprisingly difficult to do without fucking up literally everything.
As I found out when doing research on the master chief collection.

Halo 1 MCC/anniversary has unnecessary redone graphics that look terrible in about half of the levels. Far less atmospheric than the original potato graphics. Also features unnecessary redone music, which is hilarious because the music in halo has never needed remaking. It's always been fantastic.

Halo 2 MCC is a pile of shit. New graphics look ok but the redone music sucks shit and can't be replaced with the original tracks IIRC.

Halo 2 weapon firing rates are based on the broken PC vista port of Halo 2 rather than the original xbox version. So some weapons are broken and have uncapped firing rates which the enemies will abuse against you.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:52 am

It's almost like rereleasing is a bad idea in general. :thinking:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:00 am

Releasing games in the first place is a bad idea.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:46 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm
Speaking of them, they might just fold. Their Starbreeze adventure with the The Walking Dead game and pissing away all their money on some shitty VR device that never had a chance left them in a terrible state.
I know, it was a fascinating article that Eurogamer did on them. All I can say is good riddance - I've jumped out the Payday train long ago, but it was evident to anyone that whoever runs Overkill is a money obsessed psychopath that puts EA suits to shame. Reading about things happening in the background does and doesn't surprise me at the same time. Like I wouldn't expect someone to get away with so much bullshit for so long, but at the same time, I was expecting someone like that to be in charge of such company. A gigantic cunt.

They can't fuck off fast enough. I especially loved how they tried to play it cool as if nothing bad is happening - oh it's cool, our latest AAA game is dogshit and sold just as well, but we cool, right?! Our CEO ended up in prison, but we cool, right? And I especially detest their community manager Almir Listo, I remember that shitstain back in the days, classic corporate puppet and wormy manipulator. I guess with that name, you are destined to be a bitch.
Guest wrote:
It's not. This opinion would maybe float on r/games, just like Totalbitchfit's farts did, but the real problem is that they usually let the most incompetent slaves in their companies work on remasters, they don't get the care they would need. You think a publisher will let their best devs work even for couple of months on a proper remaster of a popular game? You can go fuck yourself buddy! You get that guy who only does the most boring jobs because he doesn't have it in him to do any better - he will happily fuck this shit up, because it's like a christmas to him!

Why do you think remasters often look worse? (Looking at Fable: Anniversary fuckup edition.) Because they don't get decent artists to actually analyze the original art and do a respectful reimagination, they let some greasy fucker quickly paint something that looks similar enough, if you squint.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:45 pm

In the case of Bungie, they got taken off the franchise that made them a name in the first place so that said franchise could be given to some nobodies who never worked on anything. Said nobodies then went on to fuck up literally every single Halo game that they've EVER touched. Not joking when I say that every Halo game 343 have had control over was shittier than the last.

And now 343 think they're fucking amazing and they "have made halo their own" as they continue to kill any chance for the franchise to be hype or come back successfully. All the shitty rereleases except the early PC halos were done by 343. The least fucked-up Halo game 343 worked on was probably Halo CE Anniversary, but only because you can turn the classic graphics and music back on. THE REDONE GRAPHICS FOR ENEMY MODELS DON'T EVEN LINE UP TO THE ACTUAL HITBOXES!!!

It'd be like Gearbox giving the entire Borderlands franchise to "Handsome 47," some subsidiary studio that never made a game before and has open contempt for the existing gameplay concepts of the franchise.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:46 am
And I especially detest their community manager Almir Listo, I remember that shitstain back in the days, classic corporate puppet and wormy manipulator. I guess with that name, you are destined to be a bitch.
Speaking of their community, they had the shilliest of shills around. One of my clan's ex-members went on to play Payday 2 a whole fuckton and eventually became "embassador" for them. Basically, he got all DLC for free and some promo codes and otherwise was busy kissing ass and shilling the game as hard as he could.
Dude would try to rope you in to play it again with promo codes for DLC and such. He had more hours in Payday 2 than I have in Warframe. Many, many times more. I think about 5k hours or so. Fucking nuts.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Unless you're the chads at Vanillareware.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:46 am
Why do you think remasters often look worse? (Looking at Fable: Anniversary fuckup edition.) Because they don't get decent artists to actually analyze the original art and do a respectful reimagination, they let some greasy fucker quickly paint something that looks similar enough, if you squint.
"It's a modern remaster, so we have to do something about the graphics, but we don't feel like investing too much money into it. Also filters. Filters everywhere".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I forgot about Vanillaware. I love their games. Shame they teased that robot game like 7 years ago and never made it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pm

I wonder if this is real.