Shitposting

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Shitposting

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:02 pm

A Supermatch P266 new runs you about north of 2500€. It's my gunclub's one, not mine. That's a bit spicy to invest into 9mm, a discipline I'm not too crazy about anyway.
My point was that a P266 can be all kinds of things with all kinds of features. A P210, however, doesn't vary much between versions. You get it with a 5'' or 6'' barrel and the Supertarget version of that just has a different grip. The regular 5'' model is an exact replica of the former Swizz army pistol by SIG and likely the best 9mm pistol money can buy.

If I was going for a carry gun, I'd likely get a P320 in .357 SIG.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Which one's the best when wielded gangsta style?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:12 pm
Which one's the best when wielded gangsta style?
Any HiPoint, really. If you're not going to hit anything anyway, you might as well spend as little money as possible.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Isn't a Mauser C96 best wielded sideways?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm
Isn't a Mauser C96 best wielded sideways?
Never heard of that. Why would that be?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:34 am

Well, from what I've heard, a C96 has a lot of muzzle jump which makes it difficult to hit the target if you hold it vertically, but if you hold it horizontally it can be useful in sweeping a room full of people. Apparently a lot of gangsters would hold their Thompson submachine guns sideways for this reason amongst others
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:34 am
Well, from what I've heard, a C96 has a lot of muzzle jump which makes it difficult to hit the target if you hold it vertically, but if you hold it horizontally it can be useful in sweeping a room full of people. Apparently a lot of gangsters would hold their Thompson submachine guns sideways for this reason amongst others
That sounds absolutely retarded. Exactly because recoil management is damn near impossible when held sideways is why one's not supposed to do it.
I also have a hard time imagining holding a Thommy gun sideways in any practical manner.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:35 pm
That sounds absolutely retarded. Exactly because recoil management is damn near impossible when held sideways is why one's not supposed to do it.
Listen right, I'm a /noguns/ Britbong. I'll probably never get to hold a handgun, much less fire one, and I prefaced everything with 'so I've heard'. I've heard that a Mauser is good for bandit shooting. You hold the gun sideways to do that. Here's a video of it

Of course, there's nothing better than testing the theory out for yourself, if you can get your hands on a C96
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:48 pm

No need to get so defensive. I'm just saying, that's some retarded shit. Firing a handgun one-handed alone is something you don't really do, unless it's the only option.
I sometimes target shoot with an air pistol in my parent's garden. It's good enough practise for a calm trigger squeeze. You'd be surprised what a drastic difference it makes shooting one-handed. Unless you're standing sideways, it's practically as good as not aiming at all.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:34 am
I've also played Metal Gear Solid 3.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette