What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:40 pm

The good gameplay you have experienced was just a glitch in the UbiMatrix.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:16 pm

They've mostly fixed it now. The game has problems for sure but it's still doing much better than I expected, especially after the supposed beta mess.
Now I'm no Ubisoft fan but they have a good track record of at least trying to fix their shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 am

I'm still looking around for good strategy games I might have missed. Beat both storylines in front mission 3. Might move on to vanguard bandits if that's any good or maybe try some shit like Grandia.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm

I'm playing Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos. It's actually good. Didn't think it would be. It's an Ogre Battle-style tbs/rts mix. Combat is a mostly AI controlled rts system and the movement on the grid is turn based. The game heavily rewards moving your units together and establishing bases and camps as you move. It has a ton of different units, including generics, uniques and special generics (generics with unique sprites.)
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Sounds like JRPG meets Dominions :thinking:
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 am
I'm still looking around for good strategy games I might have missed. Beat both storylines in front mission 3. Might move on to vanguard bandits if that's any good or maybe try some shit like Grandia.
Grandia's some good shit, mate. All those other real-time battle JRPGs got nothing on that franchise.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:27 am

I'll keep grandia in mind. For now, I've got a bunch of strategy games from ps1 and psp to play. I've always been curious about Saiyuki: Journey West for the ps1.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm
I'm playing Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos. It's actually good. Didn't think it would be. It's an Ogre Battle-style tbs/rts mix. Combat is a mostly AI controlled rts system and the movement on the grid is turn based. The game heavily rewards moving your units together and establishing bases and camps as you move. It has a ton of different units, including generics, uniques and special generics (generics with unique sprites.)
You had me at ogre battle
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:51 am

Just be warned it can get difficult. I was pulling my hair out over some retarded demon boss that kept healing itself every time i had it down to half health. The game is 5 bux on psn or you can pirate that shit. Also turn off all the animations that there are toggles for. The game has enough unskippable animations without adding to them.

The other neverland game I played was blazing force accelate and I hated it. The game ran like shit (stuttered constantly and had 1-second loading between every animation) and was confusing. This game is much better technically (only slows down sometimes and never when you actually need to make quick decisions) and the design is less frustrating. Oh, and every neverland game supposedly benefits greatly from the ability to tweak emulator settings to make them run better.

Forgot to mention, change the voices to japanese. There are still a few english sound clips you can't turn off but it changes most of the dialogue to the far better japanese actors.

There's almost no info about this game online. Once I finish up all the storylines (there are 3), I may make a video about the game sort of like my fist of the north star shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:04 am

The only thing I haven't figured out how to do is dismiss units. You'd think this would be a very annoying thing to not know how to do, but the game has a mechanic where you can attach your shitter units to your main ones and they can become XOs within your main unit rather than running their own. This means you can't deploy them as captains of their own units, but your actually good units get a super soldier added for free. So you're encouraged to recruit everyone and let the chaff attach themselves to strong units as XOs. The attached unit gets a portion of the exp gathered by the main unit when it fights.

Just a tip: Robots of all kinds make amazing XO units. They often have area of effect attacks such as piercing bullets or explosive bombs.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:30 am

Shovel Knight's final dlc is getting delayed, apparently. I was holding off doing everything in that game until the full GOTY 4 campaigns version was out. Maybe I'll just play plague of shadows or some shit.
RAPEMAN wrote: