What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 pm

I don't have internet at home so I literally can't play any of this shit.

*tears of a gangster*

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Is it better than 1? Not like I'll buy it but curious.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:24 pm
And just like that, any reason to even buy an Xbox One was completely thrown out the window.
Happened with every Xbone exclusive AFAIK. D4, Dwad Rising 3, that infamously shit Rome game.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 pm
Is it better than 1? Not like I'll buy it but curious.
Actually, yes. Much better. I was somewhat expecting a shit show but I wanted to be part of that this time around. I've been pleasantly surprised.
Enemies aren't nearly as bullet-spongy anymore. Most dudes now don't have any armour and get wrecked real quick and the heavier troops have actual armour parts you can destroy. So some heavily armoured fucker doesn't take twenty magazines anymore. Just break some part of the armour, maybe by shooting a weakpoint, and then hit their health bar directly at the exposed spot.

Armour skills are better because it's not anymore about the classified sets with ridiculous benefits. Loot is really good and mission design is better. They really did learn from past mistakes.
Again, it's not completely without technical issues but I've had very few minor problems myself and was expecting a real mess.

Edit: The Darkzones are weird now, though. I've only been to the first and haven't spend too long there, maybe two hours, but I haven't found a single piece of gear I needed to extract. There are also much fewer enemies in it. Maybe the two higher level ones are where the fun is at.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 pm

Damn, I wish I could find anything else like front mission 3. The game is so fucking good.

The story is a political one that reminds me a lot of final fantasy tactics. Lots of backstabbing and political jockeying, and nobody in the story is really a good guy. One path has you fighting with some plucky rebels. That storyline is the closest to a "good" side you get to be on, but you still end up shitting all over large parts of the Philippines and killing innocents/good people who dindu nuffin. For the other side, you get mindcucked by Agent Smith. You eventually realize he was bad, but you still help him because he's your fwiend and he wuvs you despite being a shithead at every opportunity.

But the plot is mostly there to give you context for the battles. Which are amazing.

Wanzers sit in a really good place in the game, balance-wise. Conventional tanks, helicopters and artillery can and will mess up wanzers, but wanzers can take a lot more damage than conventional armor and they will destroy conventional weapons very quickly if they can get close. I often prioritize artillery, helicopters and tanks because they can deal a lot of damage over multiple turns. But if you rush them, they can't take nearly as much damage as enemy wanzers will.

The weight system also balances wanzers so that no mech can equip *everything* and be good at *everything*. If you equip artillery aka missiles or grenades, they're going to weigh so much that you'll have to dramatically reduce your armor and weaponry to mount them. The best missile wanzer setup I've found is a wanzer with missiles, a shield and a machine gun. But this pushes your weight to the limit, so you have to equip the most efficient parts possible and can't carry healing items or spare missiles.

Close assault wanzers that specialize in lightweight weapons like fists and shotguns can afford to equip much more durable parts, stack up tons of hp and use the legs that grant the most movement and evasion bonuses.

One basic tip though is to give every wanzer a shield on their off hand unless you're going for some kind of meme build. A basic buckler or heavy shield will save your ass many times even at endgame. Shields dramatically reduce incoming damage while redirecting the damage you do take to a limb that has no utility. Especially useful when you are being hit with missiles or spammed with shotguns.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 am

I have just discovered the English patch for this

Is finished.
It's a better Nocturne x Fire Emblem then the WiiU one

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:37 am

A friend of mine who brainwashed me with (S)MT series used to say Majin Tensei is like Front Mission with nakamas except it sucks. I take his words over random guest's.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:37 am
A friend of mine who brainwashed me with (S)MT series used to say Majin Tensei is like Front Mission with nakamas except it sucks. I take his words over random guest's.
I have never played Front Mission so i can't say.
Ronde really looks like a giant turd though

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:10 pm

Well, they've broken The Division 2 with the last patch. Deployed skills now just miraculously vanish after a few seconds and reset the timer to 15 seconds. Drones, turrets, even the little roller grenades. Some other skills work fine, like the shield, but it's still pretty annoying.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm

It was only a matter of time before ubisoft became ubisoft.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]