Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Yeah, sure, I could solo Eidolons. The question is if I want to do that dozens of times to get some ineffective pew pew lazer for my fuckboy oper9er. The answer is "no".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:23 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:17 pm
I'd say open world in general sucks. You can't really do sneaky cyberninja parkour if you have to sprint through the plains for at least 5 minutes, and the performance tends to take a realy nosedive.
It really does. My computer can handle standard warframe maps just fine unless some faggot is spamming the lenz in my face. But the Plains always causes weird issues when entering and leaving and Fortuna just straight up shits on my computer.

But like I said, Fortuna messing with my computer isn't that big an issue because there's nothing I want there anyway. A pet type I don't care about. A few frames I don't need. A skateboard I also don't need unless I'm doing shitty plains levels.

What I need are lenses and potatoes. DE need to do two things:

Make endgame rewards for endgame players.
Make endgame OBJECTIVES for endgame players that use the game types people actually enjoy.

But I understand why they don't. They'd rather pump out new cosmetic bullshit they can sell for money. I often see some MR4 guy with a Frost Prime, Rhino Prime, Garuda or Khora. That's the kind of person DE wants to court.

Mostly I just play Lith missions because I can choose my game type and the rewards are alright. I could go grind Kela for a Saryn but it's more profitable to do lith shit and eventually get a saryn prime if I cared. Which I don't.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 am

They just need to add actual difficulty and not just up damage and health on enemies. Then I'd be fine picking the game back up because I'd have something at least challenging to keep my attention.

As is it feels like loading up a Bethesda game and cranking the difficulty slider-- game isn't harder, the enemies just get to one shot you for free, now.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:23 am
It really does. My computer can handle standard warframe maps just fine unless some faggot is spamming the lenz in my face. But the Plains always causes weird issues when entering and leaving and Fortuna just straight up shits on my computer.
Didn't mention it for nothing. The main game runs smooth as silk, Plains can get back but tends to be alright, and Fortuna is slideshow central. I'm pretty sure the latter pushes the engine to its limits.

It probably wouldn't be nearly as bad if you had an actual way to tone down the foilage and especially the weather effects, but you can't.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:10 pm

So I engaged some of my old Warframe buddies and they confirmed that nobody really cares about Fortuna but also asked me if I'd jump on again to try out some of the more questionable changes (why can I not just equip an archgun on foot like you said I'd be able to, DE, why did you have to make it a retarded gimmick?).

Went to steam to redownload it. 25.1 GB. Get done downloading and the launcher wants to trim 3.3 GB of that. What's the point of that, DE?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm

So they don't have to update the file of it on the Steam store so much.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Incoming spergout. I'm still moderated on the Warframe Forums until late April (because I got warned for a post that a moderator approved since I was already on moderator approval-- go figure).

I've given Fortuna an actual fair shake, over the past few days.

I like:
- Getting random fish parts and ores from regular containers at a fairly common rate but not so common that I don't have to play the game. Good compromise since I hate the fishing and mining minigames.
- The way the environment looks and feels. The clearly marked roads are a major plus.
- The way the Fortuna citizens look but nothing else about them.
- Being able to launch new missions without having to load back into Fortuna.

I dislike:
- Wanted level. It's either zero or max. Anything in between is pointless because not enough enemies spawn or just enough spawn to ruin your bounties.
- K-Drive. Why tie mastery to a mode of transportation, DE? At least Archwings have powers and a whole other mission type tied to them. K-Drives offer nothing that I can't get by just using the Operator dash or Archwing to travel except that I get to feel like a cool hoverboard kid or something. Neat idea, should have just been left at a cosmetic-styled thing that you could get fluff mods to make faster, or something.
- Having to reach max rank with Fortuna in order to do the Fortuna equivalent of the Quills. Way to time gate your content, DE. I'm already MR25. Once I get all of the weapons and frames I'm missing done I'll be at MR26. I'm only missing Chroma and Mesa Prime (and their related weapons) and everything released from the Fortuna drop. Why not allow me to start the Profit Taker stuff from either reaching max rank or having a minimum mastery rank?
- The flimsy, "story." Oh, you don't want to talk to me so I should talk to this other guy? Guy wants me to go get some scrap? Guy gets in trouble for sending me to get scrap and now it's my fault? Now there's a spider outside that keeps us all inside so we can't leave? Oh I can literally just walk right by it with no consequence? Oh, now if they activate the big tower thing it'll blow us all up or something? Why, though? What reason would it blow us up? Why is none of this properly explained?
- Enemies on the Orb Vallis randomly becoming immune to powers. I'm not talking the fact that they become nullifiers. I can deal with that easily. I'm talking that they randomly become entirely untargetable by powers and operator abilities.
- Toroid drop rates. 1.1% is insulting. I get that they're supposed to be ten or twenty times as effective as the Vomvalyst cores from PoE but those cores are a 100% drop from every kill and easily farmable if you feel like sitting on the plains and shooting trash mobs for 50 minutes.
- How big the environment is. Too much empty space.

It runs fine on my machine and mine is getting pretty dated, by now, so I'm not sure what's going on with anybody complaining about the performance. Could be your hardware is just more dated than mine, I guess. It does stutter horribly when loading in but so has PoE since its inception.

I hate the fact that playing Fortuna has literally caused me to utter the phrase, "DE could learn something from Bethesda." This is such a dirty thing to say, but it's unfortunately true. As boring as Skyrim can be, at least they allow you to fast travel to skip over the empty space between points of interest. Oh, but that's not even fully true, anyway, because they toss in random events to make your foot travel interesting, should you choose to forego fast travel.
DE should allow fast travel to the major, occupied locations on the Orb Vallis and they should add specific points that have a chance to trigger random events that aren't just an enemy drop ship. Imagine stumbling upon a random cache of void relics or a crashed Grineer ship that allows you to pick up resources from one randomly selected Grineer occupied planet. Hell they could even toss in a trader you can run into while you're out and about that offers rare items and materials in exchange for... any form of currency the game has on offer, at the moment.

It's such a shame that they spent all this time designing an environment only to leave so much of it barren of any interesting content. They did the same with PoE, of course, so it was expected, but you'd think they'd learn. DE_Steve steals so many ideas from other games, already. He could at least run through a basic open world game, like Skyrim, and learn from how they attempt to spice up foot travel.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:14 am

Not sure how I feel about the new alerts redesign. Seems like warframe devs are trashing a concept rather than just reworking it. I don't think anyone would argue alerts needed to be both harder and more rewarding, but that doesn't mean remove them!

The replacement is pretty shitty too. It's basically those stupid affinity challenges like "kill 20 dudes while sliding" except now they tied a faction to it and all of the alert rewards are faction rewards now.

Which means I can't get ANY NITAIN AT ALL until I rank up this fucking faction. Good fucking job, DE.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:47 am

They should have introduced it alongside the regular alerts so that people could get a feel for it rather than just outright deleting regular alerts.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:43 am

Hey Kugel, how do I play Ash? I have Ash Prime but I don't know how to use any of his moves except 1 and 2.

And I agree, pepsiman. Like I said, it's just another shitty faction in a game that already has too many factions you need to grind. If I really wanted to grind a faction, I'd buy up all the red veil rewards I want and then go join their enemy to rank that faction up.

The game already has too much grinding and not enough rewards. The radio faction introduces a shitload more grinding and I think you only get meaningful rewards once you rank up quite a bit. Oh, and the challenges are limited per week AND you lose progress if you don't finish before the week is over. You're encouraged to do a bunch of boring bullshit over and over and over just so you can "kill 200 Eximus units" for 5000 standing.

In all the time I've been playing warframe, which isn't that long, I know, this is the single worst change. My problem with alerts were that they were too easy and the rewards not worth it. Easy fix would be a second tier of alerts with high-tier rewards. Instead, DE kills the entire system and fucks us with this stupid faction. I'd take the plains over this any day. IN FACT, one of the fucking challenges is to go run bounties on the fucking plains! Great job combining two of the most boring kinds of gameplay into one: meaningless challenge hunting for faction standing + plains bounties.

I've ALSO heard that wolf credits DEGRADE OVER TIME!!! Remember how annoying that shit was for Argon? Remember having 10 Argon you didn't need and coming back the next day to have zero? Clearly we needed more of that system.
RAPEMAN wrote: