Astral Chain - Chaos Legion Cop Edition

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Astral Chain - Chaos Legion Cop Edition

Post by ban » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Shit, I wish it was released back in the day as Chaos Legion's spiritual successor, I'm definitely down for some cops with Stands busting crime, especially as buddy-cop duo of twins. But then it probably would skip the whole chain thing it has going on that is inspired by Pandora's Tower. Oh well, at least the Nier guys are having jobs and reuse their assets and animations to great effect. :D
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Re: Astral Chain - Chaos Legion Cop Edition

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 am

I must be one of the only people on the planet who knows what the fuck Chaos Legion is.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:20 am

The only thing I can remember is that the protagonist has an especially silly German name that Banpresto of Super Robot Wars fame would've probably given to some Einst unit, or as the ultimate attack of some Gespenst derivative. I think it was Sieg Wahrheit aka "Victory Truth".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 am

That's why I made the topic, so you two could see it. :lol: And yes, Chaos Legion's mc is Sieg Warheit and the rest have either french or germanic names as well.
He warned youShow

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:36 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 am
I must be one of the only people on the planet who knows what the fuck Chaos Legion is.
I remember playing the demo and liking it, and then playing the demo again years later and thinking it was shit. The concept seemed cool enough, DMC style game with monsters you can summon but playing it many years later was shit since the combat felt clunky and generally garbage. Don't know why that wasn't an issue when I first played it, I guess it aged poorly.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:54 am

Poor age. At the time it was to be the next best thing after DMC1 but two years later DMC3 came out and the game changed forever.

The real tragedy of it all is that if it was released one year after DMC3 or the same year as DMC3, it would have aged far better, like the early Sengoku Basara games that used DMC3's game engine and were worked on at the same time as DMC3(Devil Kings in the west), while Chaos Legion uses DMC1's game engine and has to run at 30FPS on PS2 and you have to really work it to make it run at 60 on the PC. Doesn't help that the PC release was initially a limited release. The idea was basically to evolve DMC1's combat using Dynasty Warriors' bodyguard system and they found the Chaos Legion novel, so the guys who made it at the time were former DMC1 guys that didn't follow Kamiya and Mikami and had Yoshinori Ono as the producer, the guy who was at the helm for Street Fighter 4.
He warned youShow

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:54 am
so the guys who made it at the time were former DMC1 guys that didn't follow Kamiya and Mikami and had Yoshinori Ono as the producer
So that's why the combat sucks. Jesus, that guy's track record is pure shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Well that happens when you promote your sound guy to the highest position in game making. Chaos Legion seems to be his first game as a producer as well.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:54 am
Am I the only one who finds this basic sword attack string a bit goofy looking? This looks more like he's practicing for tennis or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette