Marzgunt: Queen of Hashtags (and fabricated outrage)

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Bob Turnacoff

Re: Marzcunt: Queen of Hashtags (and fabricated outrage)

Post by Bob Turnacoff » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:04 am

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 am

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:17 am

AKA we looked on Twitter and made a call if more people want him gone or not to appease the mob.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 am

It really is starting to look like 'AnimeGate'. It was, after all, Kotaku's 'internal investigation' of themselves that pretty much sparked the whole GamerGate shitstorm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 am
It really is starting to look like 'AnimeGate'. It was, after all, Kotaku's 'internal investigation' of themselves that pretty much sparked the whole GamerGate shitstorm
Shit. Puts a rather chilling and familiar spin on the whole "UR JUST MAD BCUZ UR A FANBOY NEEEERD LOLOLOLOL" motif that keeps cropping up.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 am

I'd call it DubGate or FuniGate. It's not like Japan cares about any of this.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 am

I'd call it VicGate or MignognaGate myself, but AnimeGate is what they'll likely call it. I've seen some people use that already
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 am

I've been thinking "Dubgate" for a while, but that sounds like a shitty genre of music, so meh.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:34 am

The standwithvic people's next move better not be calling themselves animegate.

They will give the funicunts another excuse to play victim.
They should instead point out how kickvic and gamergate are similar, but so far none of them that i know of did.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:53 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 am
Or what if the next person against whom allegations are brought is completely innocent? You're advocating a system that would disallow you from even asking that question. The fact that you can't see that is baffling. The fact that you think it's justice is even worse.
They are called Useful Idiots for a reason:

The fact that fucking Miscarriage of Acchild of all people (he commissioned this) can see how stupid this is shows how utterly retarded they are. Kugel may not be mad because he knows it will backfire on them eventually but I'm impatient.
Osterzone wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 am
I'd call it DubGate or FuniGate. It's not like Japan cares about any of this.
If anything they should tell Funimation and co to knock it off since this will encourage more people to pirate shit.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/02/r ... cer/76749/

This is what the producer of that False Rape Anime had to say about the nontroversy around the show:
“We in Japan do not see these anime as controversial, so we will continue to produce more content like Shield Hero.

“Thank you for your support, buying merchandise helps as well as preventing any of your friends from pirating the content.

“We would like to animate all of Shield Hero, but it all depends on the support we get from our fans.”
All they care about is money and people not pirating, and if more people are going to pirate shit because of this (which is easy as fuck since people don't NEED a dub and can live without it) then it will become a problem. Anime won't die without western support, after the late 2000s slump in the west it still got made and will continue to be made so weebs will still be happy. Crunchyroll and other weeb streaming services are fucking trash anyway, youtube gives people what they want with specific scenes being available much more conveniently and you don't need to sub to 5 different streaming services to get everything you want like you can with a pirate site.

Apparently Kaplan said this:
“[…] What would I like to see with regards to Vic? I’d like to see him step away for a little while and get some help. Then, I’d like to see him comeback, treat colleagues and fellow con guests and staff with kindness and understanding. I don’t want him to die. I don’t even want him unemployed. I just want him in the “penalty box” until he learns how to treat people that are not fans of his.
The idiot just admitted this has nothing to do with sexual assault but hating him for his egotistical outbursts. These allegations are just an excuse for those who run cons and in the dubbing industry to get back at a guy they don't like. Fuck off.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.