People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 11197
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:13 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:46 am
You do know that the reason why we haven't switched to all nuclear despite it producing a ton of energy, as you claim, is because it's not a safe bet?
Nuclear reactors are incredibly safe and if they would be modernized, which is something that isn't done because of constant talks of shutdowns, they'd be even safer. They don't just blow up. Not a single one has blown up in history except for Chernobyl where it was pretty much done intentionally.
Waste disposal is an issue but I think that could be overcome, especially if we'd finally settle on nuclear being the future and put more resources into figuring out how to better deal with it.
I remember watching some 60 minutes shit where a leading brain on nuclear power in France was talking about how important it is to embrace nuclear power. Nuclear power is cleaner, more efficient and just plain works, where other methods of generating energy can rely heavily on geography.

The disposal issue could be addressed with enough time and attention spent on it. I've already heard ideas floated about how to recycle nuclear waste. If that could be done, it would be amazing.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.


User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 am
Nuclear plants produce a shit ton of the world's energy and the ONLY reason they don't produce more is because of human fear. It's a quite understandable fear, but it's mostly mistaken.
The fear is reasonable.
Most nuclear accidents that have occurred, occurred because of human error. You're always going to need people to man a nuclear plant. Get one Homer Simpson and we're fucked
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 am
Even so, nuclear plants get safer and more secure every year.
Even the safest nuclear plant is not entirely risk free
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 19995
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:13 am
Some nice false information.
Point out one thing I said that was false. When nuclear goes wrong it kills a lot of people.
Alright. The nuclear bomb allegory is false for starters. A nuclear power plant going full mondo meltdown doesn't even remotely cause as much damage as the most feeble of atom bombs. You don't get a mushroom cloud explosion from them, not even close. See Chernobyl for proof, which was about as badly handled as you could possibly handle a reactor.

The other thing is you claiming them not being safe. That's based on what exactly? Nips being stupid enough to build one right at the shore? No European reactor has ever had a critical failure of any kind. Not a single person in Europe ever died because of a nuclear reactor. The proof is in the pudding.
RedLine wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 am
Marzie desperately wants to feel ProJared's cock and everyone directly involved in the IN universe is an insane mess.
DHI.txt

User avatar
Poonoo
Bureaucrat
Posts: 4314
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Poonoo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:13 am
Some nice false information.
Point out one thing I said that was false. When nuclear goes wrong it kills a lot of people.
You pointed to Fukushima but not a single person died from the meltdown nor were they affected by radiation in any noticeable ways, it was the tsunami that did the damage. They built a fucking nuclear power plant near the shore, it got hit by a tsunami and yet didn't cause a Chernobyl situation. As Kugel said, Chernobyl blew up for other reasons.

The hysteria around nuclear power is fucking bullshit and it is time to move on. Until wind and solar are good enough the logical step is to go nuclear and not buy into left wing propaganda, those fucks are shilling for their green energy companies to get more money for inferior products. And even then you don't even need Uranium (though it is more effective), Thorium can still get you power without the fear of a nuclear explosion since it is not as powerful. I know this shit because Australia has 30% of the world's Uranium (and only behind India and the USA in terms of Thorium) and yet we don't build nuclear power plants despite now having some of the highest power billth in the world even though we have enough resources to be one of the cheapest.
Image

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am
You pointed to Fukushima but not a single person died from the meltdown nor were they affected by radiation in any noticeable ways
One person died from cancer. That was one person they admitted to, there were at least 1600 other deaths attributable to the incident.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 19995
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am
Poonoo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am
You pointed to Fukushima but not a single person died from the meltdown nor were they affected by radiation in any noticeable ways
One person died from cancer. That was one person they admitted to, there were at least 1600 other deaths attributable to the incident.
[citation needed]
RedLine wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 am
Marzie desperately wants to feel ProJared's cock and everyone directly involved in the IN universe is an insane mess.
DHI.txt

User avatar
Poonoo
Bureaucrat
Posts: 4314
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Poonoo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:51 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am
Poonoo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am
You pointed to Fukushima but not a single person died from the meltdown nor were they affected by radiation in any noticeable ways
One person died from cancer. That was one person they admitted to, there were at least 1600 other deaths attributable to the incident.
[citation needed]
Yeah, I like you Keith but man you can never admit defeat.
Image

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:20 pm

You're right you guys, I concede. Nuclear power is totally safe, carries with it no inherent risks and is what we should all be adopting wholesale to replace fossil fuels in the coming decades.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: da PAC Nigguh, Tony Schiavone and 1 guest