Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm
Supporting CTC was more understandable back in the day, not so much now, it lost its dignity.
>CTC had dignity
Guest wrote:
A cuck is someone that stood by Michaud and the Walkers after everything that was revealed about them.
OH NOES! How could anyone ever forgive Michaud and the Walkers for...*checks long-winded google doc* terrible business management!
phpBB [video]
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm

CTC was much more respectable back then because it was simply about exposing CA to a wider audience.

Not having food or water on set? That's a complete fuckup no matter what.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm
CTC was much more respectable back then because it was simply about exposing CA to a wider audience.

I doubt Brad had food and water when making his "movies", because much like CA's specials and the home videos most kids make when they're young aspiring filmmakers, they weren't real films.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Yeah, if you're not getting paid, you're not on a professional film shoot. Don't go expecting craft services like Lindsay the sow.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Guest wrote:
A cuck is someone that stood by Michaud and the Walkers after everything that was revealed about them.
>You're a cuck if you didn't automatically destroy your career and livelihood to appease the cries of three or four wailing, over the hill, catwomen

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Guest wrote:

Yes, on small budget movies that's usually provided. Doge is not a real filmmaker and didn't know that.

His mistake was thinking these people were adults and would provide for themselves especially since he already put them up in hotels.

Actors are very much like children. I've worked with them. It's true. I'm not trying to be funny.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

pibbs wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 pm
Guest wrote:

Yes, on small budget movies that's usually provided. Doge is not a real filmmaker and didn't know that.

His mistake was thinking these people were adults and would provide for themselves especially since he already put them up in hotels.

Actors are very much like children. I've worked with them. It's true. I'm not trying to be funny.
This. If you arrive on set and discover that there's no food-drink, the day ends, and you go out and buy shit to eat and drink. Hell, if you're so upset over having to spend your own money on food, buy something cheap. And that's it. The end. Who the fuck would even remember this past the first day beyond "lmao remember that time Doge didn't even get us pizza?"
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 pm

But they wanted to be treated like stars.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm

An addendum:

Even on professional sets, only lunch is provided with snacks and drinks at the craft service table. And that's for the big budget, union shoots. I know, I've worked on them before.

There are rare occasions when a shoot runs over the agreed upon shooting day. If that happens the the cast and crew are given overtime for the day (if I remember it right, it's 10 hours, with further penalties and more pay for anything over 12) dinner is provided, by union rules. This was true 10 years ago, when I worked it.

Doge shot a non-union film. In that case it falls to tradition as I stated in my previous post.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 pm
But they wanted to be treated like stars.
Exactly this. Pretty much the entirety of TGWTG, especially the anniversary films, boiled down to a bunch of overgrown children LARPing as movie stars.