What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am

Dragon's Crown 2 - now with twice the boobies!
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:43 am
I think that's actually fairly clever and something new. Usually, going for dumb strong fucker is the easy way to play a RL. In Crawl you take a stupid Minotaur Berserker that can't magic at all and will facetank everything and somehow still be top tier despite being a retarded cow that only knows how to swing an axe really hard.
I think what's happening here is that the game borrows less from D&D like most RLs (where STR usually makes it easier for you to hit stuff in melee) and more from many other tabletop RPGs where Agility (or whatever it's called) is the god stat for combat purposes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Really seems like it. Same with DV. There is no stat you can raise to get more DV, just some skills. There's also no strength requirement or something for armour. Heavy armour's negative is purely that it lowers your DV so you need a lot of it if you want to wear heavy armour, unless you like being as easy of a target as a tree.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Im about 15 hours in and can say Pathfinder Kingmaker is an amazing game. From the start you are making choices which actually have consequences unlike in many other games. And this was all before I unlocked my own Barony. That should bring even more choice and consequence.

Still not sure on what party I will run. Going through the first story part I picked up some companions and my party so far is:

Main Char: Tanky Paladin, seemed like a good fit for a character that will rule a Barony and has to lead and manage the party.

2. Unfortunately one of the allies I picked up fast was a tower shield fighter, making my main tank build a bit unnessecary, I will either duel class this bitch or rotate her out once I have more options.

3. A mage woman, she came with 1 point in rogue already so eventually will be build as an arcane trickster.

4. some halfling bard, pretty useful for buffs and summons while using a bow to stay safe and be a secondary healer, never used bards all that much in games I might in this one.

5. Barbarian woman, pure powerhouse nuff said, need the dps because my main is more tanky.

6. Cleric heal slave

Im looking to get a druid and a ranger in my party either trough custom npc or a later companion to make the party complete, just not sure who I'll take out besides the fighter. Perhaps the cleric since the pala, druid, bard all can heal to some degree.
But next time I launch the game Ill be selecting advisors for my Barony, not sure if party members are spend on that or can still be in the party as well so that might make some decisions for me.

All in all a great start to a game.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm

>Having a D20 spellcaster with class levels that don't add to his or her caster level
Jeebus.

And I guess it's cool to have a 3D Baldur's Gate OG (original game; do not steal), but man, this thing feels unstable as fuck. It feels the game has to Save vs Death at every loading screen - and there are a shitload of loading screens.

(Though the dwarf cleric is lulzy. He's kinda like the Spoony Dwarf, except more tolerable.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Are you serious? The loading screens are 0 problems here, or do they become worse the further you get?

And at least the rogue/wizard can do nice dmg with cantrips and touch spells with sneak attack from rogue which somehow counts on those.

I didnt dare to take the dwarf with me or even accept him in town, he is a chaos priest and im a goody goody paladin, it would be asking for a clash lol
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mistermott

Post by mistermott » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Legend of Dragoon. one of the diamonds of the final days of playstation.

every game has it's flaws but I feel dragoons greatest strength is it's music, the world and lore, most of the characters, and it's unique addition system.

If anyone is looking for a gripping storyline and can look past a bit of bad early english dubbing and a few bad character 3D models I highly recommend it! (To be honest I didn't have a problem with the 3D in dragoon felt it was much better then FF7)

Dragoon and Brave Fencer Musashi were my RPGS of the playstation. I still thumb through my dragoon guide book once in a while when I need to unwind.
There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 am

Don't forget the "quality voice acting"

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 am

CoQ just had an update. I don't know if I want to revert to the older version to keep my characters or just toss them. I think I'll wait for now.
I'm planning on playing Cataclysm. I've already downloaded the latest version and made some changes to the options and fucked around in the practise room a bit. It'll be nice to go back to something that uses keyboard keys for items again.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:46 am

Finished playing Halo ODST on heroic and I'm almost done with Halo Reach again. It was kind of refreshing. Reach was about as "call of dooty" as I ever wanted the series to become. What I mean is there's still no left trigger ADS and the sprint function is bound to an armor ability. So if you want to sprint around like a CoD faggot, you have to give up the ability to carry a 360-degree energy shield, spawn a hologram that draws enemy fire or fly around with a sick jetback. And if you choose sprinting over any of those things, you deserve to be flogged. Halo 4 suffered right out the gate from having a fucking sprint button. Fuck that shit.

ODST is fine. Neither amazing nor terrible. I think it's better than Halo 3's campaign. I like the reintroduction of health and how your characters are less tanky. ODST also removed dual-wielding, which is both a plus and minus. It made the game way too broken and easy in Halo 2 and 3, but some weapons suffer when you can't dual-wield them.

Reach added a pretty massive amount of weapons and most are great. The needler rifle is fucking sick. Only thing I don't like about halo games after Halo 1 is they're always trying to reinvent the pistol. The Magnum in Halo 1 was super OP. It got nerfed to fuck in Halo 2 and every Halo since has had some half-assed Magnum rework. The ODST magnum is an instant kill headshotting Grunts, but is worthless for everything else. The Reach Magnum is overall decent but gets less accurate the faster you fire it.

Anyway, just wanted to sperge a bit. My list of Halo games goes something like: Halo CE > Halo 2=Halo Reach > ODST > Halo 3 > Call of Doot Doot 4 > A pile of shit > Halo 4. Halo 5 I didn't even play because I don't have an xboner and it looks even worse than Halo 4. I feel like Reach was the last Halo game I could unironically recommend to most people. Reach reworked a lot of shit that didn't need it, especially a lot of older weapons, and the AI is pretty memetastic (Elites spam their dodge roll more than a Souls player) but at least it's fun and fast-paced.

Halo 4 is terrible. I mean, god damn. I tried going back to it recently to play on Heroic and it about killed my will to live. Absolutely no freedom in weapon selection. SHIT enemy designs. Retarded story. To top it all off, it's hard in the worst way a game can be hard. Enemies are super bullet sponges. Even grunts.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Halo 2 was the last recommendable halo game for me, reach was shit too.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine