Weather

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weather

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:01 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm
If you're a man who has testicles picking up tools and fixing something now and then isn't something you should worry about.
I imagine his concern was more with actually having to call a guy in to fix the things most people wouldn't be able to fix themselves
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 am

Yeah, I'm not knowledgeable enough to replace windows, sorry. Or replacing carpet with linoleum. Or rebuilding my deck. Or taring-up my crumbling driveway and replacing it with stone. Actually it's more of a money issue. I can afford to renovate my thirty year old house, but I would be chipping away at my retirement.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 am

Yeah my house is pretty old but you can tell the previous owners did fixes when needed, but even then I'm still having to do things like remove old lady wallpaper and paint and remove old carpet. I couldn't replace a window or install a dishwasher though, don't trust myself.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 am

We've had from about -15c to -30c for a while, but now gonna get warmer. They said after our very hot summer that we're gonna get very warm winter, damn climate change made it relatively cold!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 am
install a dishwasher though, don't trust myself.
Installing a dishwasher is easy as fuck. See, now I'd have to agree with PAC Nigguh's comment
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:47 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am
mad bum wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 am
install a dishwasher though, don't trust myself.
Installing a dishwasher is easy as fuck. See, now I'd have to agree with PAC Nigguh's comment
I wouldn't know, I've never had to yet.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Well, they generally come with step by step instructions. The only way I could see anyone having trouble is if you're trying to put a dishwasher in where there's never been one before
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm

They have standard sizes here. Basically, every kitchen counter you can buy has slots for regular size fridges, ovens, freezers, dishwashers and such. You really just put it in one and connect the water supplies. You'll need those water supplies but chances are those are already there because it's a kitchen counter after all. If not, the sink shouldn't be far.
Most places you buy one from will deliver and install it for free anyway. That's at least the case here.

We've got my favourite weather here. Moderately cold at around 6°C with rainy, windy weather under a grey sky. Normal winter weather here with us being surrounded by the sea.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:09 am

We're having a snowstorm here. It looks like it's going to last through at least Tuesday. It's making me anxious, but I know it shouldn't. It's just that the local media is going apeshit about it. A whole lot of people here have lost power, but I'm lucky I guess.
It's stupid that it's the 21st century and we have still have powerlines suspended in the air on sticks in a region with big, tall trees and annual storms. And whenever one of us peasants suggests that hey, maybe we should modernize our infrastructure and put these lines underground, we have some bureaucrat tell us why it could never work. The real reason is that they're too cheap to do it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:12 am

Yup, overland is cheap, underground is expensive. Enjoy your showstorm. Dull nature makes a man dull as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!