Gundam games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: Gundam games

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:54 pm

It's AC3 if you can find a control scheme that works for you. The PSP version has fully mappable controls and you can pirate that easily. 3 Portable contains extra kahntent not found in the vanilla version.

AC4 and For Answer are too "super robot" for me. They're good games but move much faster and feel more like zone of the enders.

AC5 was supposedly really bad. And AC1 and 2 are just less-polished versions of AC3 and Silent Line. With fewer parts.
Thanks, I guess AC3 is the way to go. Control scheme is no issue because em.. I'm a tech wizard. Judging from the quick research, PS2 version on PCSX2 looks best, I'll forget about additional contents for muh graphic quality.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 pm
I've never played any From Software games, what's the best Armored Core? I looked up the weeb wiki and it recommended AC3 but I'm not sure.
Man, I'm loving that quality google translate:
Judgement wrote:Siri
The plot thickens.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:03 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 pm
Kugel would probably like Armored Core 3, with all the tank variations you can make with gun arms. I think you can even make a robot with no arms at all and mount super-heavy shoulder weapons on it instead.
I'm not that big into action fighty games, though. I liked MW:O during the closed beta because it was more sim than it's now but that's about it. Too many mistakes were made even then but it was still kind of alright.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 pm

You'll love the older Armoured Core games then. They are very heavy and deliberate in their planning, with the fast action-y mechs usually being the ones getting assfucked in five seconds tops due to no firepower, armour or even good weapons so you're always encouraged to be at least somewhat armoured. Think of Armoured Core 1, 2 and 3 as the Dark Souls before Dark Souls when it comes to how the game plays and ties its rpg builds together.

The irony of all this though is that the original minds behind Armoured Core now make what you describe :

And I love it. :D At least they are somewhat unique compared to Miyazaki's Armoured Core where he shamelessly tried to copy this :

Which actually was Super Robot Armoured Core but the funny thing is that the advanced customization found in Last Raven and Silent Line actually came from these games. :lol: Funny thing : I learned about J-Phoenix in an old Super Robot Wars forum, before I learned about Armoured Core and then I learned about Armoured Core, via J-Phoenix. And unlike AC's restrictive "battlemech" designs, J-Phoenix was the Soul Calibur 5 of mech games allowing to go crazy and get to make even things like GaoGaiGar if you wished.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 am

Rule of thumb = actually good gundam games are not gundam games
MEIN NEGGER! Valken is still amazing and it's always nice to see Urushihara Satoshi's older works before Langrisser and Virtual-On is just a treat as always. But you forget the Rule of Thumb post 2008 = Actually good gundam games are not gundam games unless they are clones of Virtual-On. :lol:

Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 am

ban wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 pm
You'll love the older Armoured Core games then. They are very heavy and deliberate in their planning, with the fast action-y mechs usually being the ones getting assfucked in five seconds tops due to no firepower, armour or even good weapons so you're always encouraged to be at least somewhat armoured. Think of Armoured Core 1, 2 and 3 as the Dark Souls before Dark Souls when it comes to how the game plays and ties its rpg builds together.

The irony of all this though is that the original minds behind Armoured Core now make what you describe :

And I love it. :D At least they are somewhat unique compared to Miyazaki's Armoured Core where he shamelessly tried to copy this :

Which actually was Super Robot Armoured Core but the funny thing is that the advanced customization found in Last Raven and Silent Line actually came from these games. :lol: Funny thing : I learned about J-Phoenix in an old Super Robot Wars forum, before I learned about Armoured Core and then I learned about Armoured Core, via J-Phoenix. And unlike AC's restrictive "battlemech" designs, J-Phoenix was the Soul Calibur 5 of mech games allowing to go crazy and get to make even things like GaoGaiGar if you wished.
AdorableOtter wrote:

MEIN NEGGER! Valken is still amazing and it's always nice to see Urushihara Satoshi's older works before Langrisser and Virtual-On is just a treat as always. But you forget the Rule of Thumb post 2008 = Actually good gundam games are not gundam games unless they are clones of Virtual-On. :lol:

Valken and Virtual On? You and I are most definitely brothers in niggerdom.

Which reminds me, I really need to get back to Front Mission Gun Hazard.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 am
ban wrote:

AdorableOtter wrote:

Is Front Mission Gun Hazard one you'd recommend?

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 am
ban wrote:

AdorableOtter wrote:

Is Front Mission Gun Hazard one you'd recommend?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Stop quoting the entire Post, guys. You're wasting space.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Is it sad if my only bit of trivia about Virtual On is "One of the mechs is basically Hatsune MIku"? She's even the pilot in a SRW title.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm
Is it sad if my only bit of trivia about Virtual On is "One of the mechs is basically Hatsune MIku"? She's even the pilot in a SRW title.
Even knowing who Hatsune Miku is already sad.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Oh definitely guest. Devs from the Assault Suit series worked on it so it’s got that fast paced action but with the RPG elements of Front Mission.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.